Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2014, 04:22 PM
A new update of the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

In this update, we've added a new Player Companion book; People of the Sands. This is the first book in a new Player Companion #14 package, which will get 2 other books from the Player Companion line, as Paizo releases more of them. This package is available for $4.99.

We've also added a new book in the Campaign Setting line; Osirion, Legacy of Pharoahs. This has been added to Campaign Setting #11, which already contains Demons Revisited and Mythic Realms. This package is available for $4.99.

This update also includes player content from Adventure Path issue #77, and some bug fixes.

Here's the complete change list for this update:
New Releases!
  • Content from People of the Sands is now available as the first part of Pathfinder Player's Companion #14.
  • Content from Osirion, Legacy of Pharaohs is now available as part of Pathfinder Campaign Setting #11.
Enhancements & Changes
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #77 "Herald of the Ivory Labyrinth".
  • When creating kingdoms, you can now add and modify a stack of similar hexes. For example, if the kingdom has 20 plain hexes with a farm, you can now add all 20 at once (rather than creating them one at a time).
  • When adding notes on the NPC tab, you can now add a "Base Statistics" block.
  • Generated Statblocks for Bards, Barbarians, Clerics, and Druids should match the official statblocks better.
  • The Printed character sheet's spell section now matches the official statblock better, listing spells from highest level to lowest, and marking Domain, Mythic, or Secondary spells.
  • Added a new Adjustment for deflection bonuses to AC.
  • Psionics has been enabled for HL, you can now create psionic powers, classes, and races in the editor.
iPad Changes & Bug Fixes
  • Equipping a Shield Bash weapon for a magic shield no longer de-equips the associated shield.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Bug Fixes

• The Edit button on the items in the Mounts & Hirelings table was not functioning.
  • In the list of domains available to a deity, among other places, the name of any thing not from the core package was not being displayed properly.
  • The frost brand sword was missing the frost weapon power.
  • The Amulet of inescapable location was raising an error.
  • The feather subdomain was displaying mass fly as both a 6th level and a 7th level spell.
  • The Nosferatu template was missing its +2 to Intelligence.
  • The mythic path ability To The Death was showing an incorrect reminder about when the character would die.
  • The halfling's Hafling Luck racial ability wasn't applying its bonus properly.
  • Sorcerer favorite custom spells weren't being counted against their spells cast per day when cast.
  • The Psychonaut alchemist archetype was not adding Plane Shift as a bonus spell known at 10th level.
  • The Martyring item power was able to be combined with the Denying item power.
  • The Archon subtypes Greater Teleport ability was marked as a Su, rather than Sp ability. It now bootstraps the appropriate spell instead.
  • The Protective ward ability (of the Wizard's Abjuration school) needed an activation.
  • The Devotion animal companion racial ability was applying its situational even when replaced by an animal archetype.
  • PFS Characters with the Investigator class were not able to purchase standard poisons.
  • The Improved Critical [Mythic] feat was not allowing the selection of a weapon or increaseing the critical multiplier.
  • The Weapon Damage Die adjustment was not functioning for ranged weapons like crossbows.
  • Attack Bonus Calculations were missing their header. Untyped bonuses added to the attack were being doubled for the ranged line's calculation (although they were being correctly applied to the actual attack bonus).
  • Weapon-Like Special abilities were granting extra attacks from high BAB based on the total attack bonus field, rather than the BAB field.
  • Evil Warpriests or Warpriests which worship an evil deity were channeling positive energy instead of negative energy.
  • The Hellknight Signifier's Diabolic Harbringer ability was not applying a situational to charisma checks and skills when the signifier's mask ability was active.
  • Many traits from the Sargava book were missing their situationals.
  • The Sihedron artifact was applying an untyped bonus to damage, rather than an Insight bonus to damage.
  • The Giant Snapping Turtle animal companion race was missing the Scent racial ability.
  • The Casual Illusionist feat was not applying skill bonuses when there were unused castings of Gnomish Magic.
  • The Bloodrager's Abyssal Bulk ability was being activated during rage, even when the character had not earned enough levels to gain it.
  • The Warpriest's Sacred Weapon description stated the wrong advancement for medium sized characters (though the actual calculations were based on the correct figures).
  • The Amateur Gunslinger feat wasn't giving the character grit.
  • The Spirit Guide animal archetype was shoing an error from the Eldritch Claws feat.
  • Silversheen was showing an extra use on the in-play tab.
  • The spell Fractions of Heal and Harm was marked as not allowed for Pathfinder Society organized play.
  • The Guided Hand feat was not applying its benefit to composite longbows if the deity's favored weapon was the longbow.
  • Reduce Animal was showing a material component.
  • Half-orcs and half-elves now get the favored class options from both their parents.
  • The Flight hex wasn't working correctly for a hexcrafter magus.
  • Ninjas and samurai now have access to rogue and cavalier favored class options where applicable.
  • Capital Journals were incorrectly showing Mythic Trials when added to a mythic character.
  • Arcanists with the School Underestanding exploit were generating a false error message
  • The Linnorm bloodline's Elemental Spit ability wasn't showing its uses/day.
  • Boots of haste were hiding the flight speed of an Aasimar with the fly speed ability.
  • The Fiendish Darkness feat wasn't granting extra uses of a tiefling's darkness spell-like ability.
  • The Forest Warrior stock portfolio from the NPC codex was missing its longstrider potions.
  • The Dragon Voice class ability was causing Diplomacy and Intimitate to gain the any untyped bonuses applied to Craft (Trap).
  • The Glorious Heat and Spear Dancer feats from Champions of Purity were missing their source.
  • Most traits from Champions of Purity were still providing their bonuses even when disabled.
  • Spells of an equal spell level in the Statblock and on the Printed character sheet were not in alphabetical order.
  • The Shared Wrath spell was not displaying the description text from its base version, Wrath.
  • A Slayer who selected Ranger Combat Style a second or third time was not getting additional combat style feats.
  • The Extra Lay on Hands feat and several other things that modified or improved the Lay on Hands ability were not working properly when added to an Antipaladin (whose Touch of Corruption ability counts as Lay on Hands for the purpose of these sorts of effects).
  • On a multiclass character with favored enemies or terrains, the list of enemies and terrains were showing up on every class tab, not just the tabs that granted favored enemies/terrains.
  • Initiative is a Dexterity check. Therefore, anything that adds a bonus or penalty to ability checks should apply its modifier to initiative. Many effects in Hero Lab, such as pale green prism Ioun Stones, conditions like sickened and shaken, and spell adjustments like Good Hope were not applying their initiative modifiers.
  • Low Templar was not having its pre-requisite of "Weapon Focus (any martial weapon)" fulfilled unless a copy of that weapon was present on the hero.
  • Sorcerers with the Crossblooded archetype were incorrectly disabling the bloodline arcana of their bloodlines.
  • When calculating CMB for characters with the Agile Maneuvers feat, the values displayed were remaining with Strength (although the calculated total was correct). This was true for both the tooltip and printed character sheets.
  • The Berserker of the Society trait and Extra Rage feat were not adding extra rounds to the Bloodrager's rage ability.
  • The Ill Omen spell was incorrectly available to Wizards (it should have been witch only).
  • The Haze of Dreams spell was incorrectly available to Wizards, and Paladins did not have access to it when they should have.
  • The Undersized Weapons racial special was not functioning when added to a custom race built using the Bestiary Monster Creator.
  • The Amplified Rage feat was interacting incorrectly with Rage when activated, such that the increase in Constitution was incorrectly granting extra rage rounds.
  • The Mental Acuity oracle revelation had an incorrect summary.
  • The Mountain Druid archetype was incorrectly removing the Nature Sense druid class ability.
  • The Inquisitor's Lore of Escape and Guileful Lore abilities were not stacking with Charm of Wisdom or Righteous Infiltration.
  • Several Great Old One deities from Faiths of Corruption were missing that source.
  • Abraxas had the incorrect favored weapon (it was light flail, but should be whip).
  • The Incorruptible Aasimar ART was throwing an error when added to a cleric or other class unable to cast spells of the opposite alignment.
  • The Gendarme Cavalier archetype was reporting an error about insufficient secondary bonus feats at 6th level or higher.
  • Damage for weapons like alchemist bombs is once again being included in custom output.
  • The Divine Source mythic path ability can now be taken multiple times and shows the number of granted domains.
  • Duergar immunities were only being partially replaced by the Magic Resistance alternate racial trait.
  • The Monk (Zen Archer)'s Ki Archery and Ki Arrows abilities now have on/off options on the In-Play tab.
  • An empty "Buildings & Organizations" table was being shown on the printout for characters who did not own any of either.
  • CMD was adding the Dexterity bonus to AC when calculating its value, rather than the full Dex bonus (an important distinction for encumbered or armored characters with high Dex but low max dex bonus to AC).
  • The Righteous Might spell adjustments were applying untyped bonuses to Natural armor, and thus were stacking incorrectly with Amulets of Natural Armor.
  • Wyverns were missing their rake attack.
  • A lion animal companion's grab ability was attached to its claws, not its bite.
  • The Mighty Cleaving weapon ability was not requiring a melee weapon.
  • The Cracked Magenta Prism Ioun Stone was not adding its full bonus to the selected skill, and showing a second selector that wasn't required.
  • The Extra Hex, Seeds of Doubt, Accursed Hex, and Hex Strike feats were not available to Shamans.
  • The Extra Rage Power feat was not available to Skalds.
  • A Paladin of 3rd level or lower was incorrectly allowed to take Channel Energy related feats such as extra channel (Paladins don't gain the Channel Energy ability until 4th level).
  • The Gun Training ability of the Gunslinger would sometimes lose the selection made when reloading the portfolio, then report duplicate selection errors if the same selection was made again.
  • Buildings were throwing an incorrect error prompting the user to make a selection, when there was no ability to make a selection.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Data File Authoring

• "Conditions" and "Combat States" are now displayed on their own tabs in the editor, rather than being grouped with "Adjustments".
  • Added the fShowWhat.ImpCritWep tag (and the fShowWhat2-4 tags), which limits the candidate selections to only weapons which have been chosen by the improved critical feat.
  • Created the "Hero.PoisonUse" tag, which is added by each ability that grants Poison Use, to simplify pre-requisites checking for that.
  • Added several new adjustments for Weapon Melee Attack Bonus, Weapon Ranged Attack Bonus, Weapon Melee Damage Bonus, Weapon Ranged Damage Bonus.
  • Added several tabs for downtime things: "Building, Specific", "Room", "Room Augmentation", "Organization, Specific", "Team".
  • Added the Helper.DomSpAbil tag, it is automatically applied to any class ability with a AbilType.SpellLike tag that is bootstrapped by a domain. It marks them to show in a different section of the generated statblock, seperate from other spell like abilities.
  • The cSecSplOut array on class helpers has been obsoleted. All spell information (primary and secondary) is now stored in the cSpellOut array, and both printed character sheets and statblocks draw upon that array exclusively.
  • Added the Hero.MrtWpFocus, Hero.SimWpFocus, and Hero.ExoWpFocus tags, which indicate that weapon focus has been taken with a martial, simple, or exotic weapon. It should be automatically applied by the Weapon Focus feat, even if a copy of the selected weapon is not present on the hero.
  • The attribute(s) used for calculating CMB and CMD can now be manipulated by applying tags to the Maneuver helper, similar to how attacks and damage can be overridden with tags.
    • The value of the attribute added to CMB is stored in the new tCMBAttr field, and the name of the attribute is in tCMBAttrNm. The CMBOver.? tag group forces CMD to be calculated based on the new attribute regardless of which is higher (for example, Agile Maneuvers applies CMBOver.aDEX), while CMBOpt does a similar thing but the highest modifier among the attributes is used.
    • The value of the Primary attribute (usually strength) added to CMD is stored in the new tCMDAttr field, and the name of the attribute is in tCMBAttrNm. Secondary attribute (usually dexterity) is in tCMDScAttr and tCMDSAttrN. As with CMB, above CMDOver and CMDOpt affect the primary attribute, and SecCMDOver and SecCMDOpt target the secondary.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 29th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Thank you for enabling psionics. I have been waiting for this a long time.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 29th, 2014, 11:30 PM
No problem, it's a big and complicated thing, so if I missed something be sure to submit a report on it!
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 29th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
No problem, it's a big and complicated thing, so if I missed something be sure to submit a report on it!
I will submit bug reports if I notice anything.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old January 30th, 2014, 03:25 AM
As will I, since this means I can now get rolling on the Ultimate Psionics files....
TCArknight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:40 AM
This is the best update ever!
Quintain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old January 30th, 2014, 08:28 PM
I installed the latest update and now get this error message. How do I fix it?

Thanks.

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11824) - Thing 'cHelpCrb' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiClDisc' not defined
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11957) - Thing 'cHelpElo' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiClDisc' not defined
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 12197) - Thing 'cHelpMtm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiClDisc' not defined
lortondm is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 30th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
I installed the latest update and now get this error message. How do I fix it?

Thanks.

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11824) - Thing 'cHelpCrb' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiClDisc' not defined
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11957) - Thing 'cHelpElo' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiClDisc' not defined
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 12197) - Thing 'cHelpMtm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiClDisc' not defined
Update to the latest Psionic Unleashed version and your problem is fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote