Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

jjashley

Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:16 PM
I'm having a bit of an issue that I don't recall having previously. I find that if I add information to a snippet, then do a ctrl-t to add another snippet or use the tools add or remove anything, the snippet is erased.

Is this working as designed? I haven't used Realm Works in quite some time but I swear it didn't use to work like that.

J
jjashley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 23rd, 2018, 03:15 PM
That doesn't sound right. I'm certainly not having that happen.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:48 PM
I've had it happen a few times.

For me it sometimes happens with Herolab portfolios. I always thought it was because I hadn't saved the article.

I get to the habit now of saving before doing the clean up snippet thing and haven't had a repeat
Happydevil43 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:21 PM
For what it is worth (probably very little):

Not something I have experienced, so no, not "by design" (which would also make little sense).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 24th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Well I didn't really think it was by design but I've seen funkier things happen with software by design. Think I will try to do a repair. Thanks all.

J
jjashley is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 24th, 2018, 02:30 PM
I have also figured out that if I paste using the ctrl - alt - v method and remove formatting it doesn't seem to erase the snippet, either when opening a new snippet or changing snippet style. Now to do the repair and check for updates.
jjashley is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 24th, 2018, 10:37 PM
A wild guess - might it be something in what you copy and paste that causes it? A special unholy sequence of escape-characters that triggers something in RW?

Is it no matter what you copy and paste or is it only from that specific PDF or homepage?

Just throwing the net a bit wider...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 25th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
A wild guess - might it be something in what you copy and paste that causes it? A special unholy sequence of escape-characters that triggers something in RW?

Is it no matter what you copy and paste or is it only from that specific PDF or homepage?

Just throwing the net a bit wider...
I think it is the home page I'm copying from so ctrl alt v has resolved it. I can use any option offered with no issue and I can paste from other things just fine.
jjashley is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 25th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Hmm, I seem to remember I have come across a homepage or two and ditto PDFs that made pasting into RW a pain.

At least it is not all sources that cause this (but most likely just the ones you need most...).

What if you export the homepage as html - open it in an appropriate editor and copy from there?

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old February 26th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Hmm, I seem to remember I have come across a homepage or two and ditto PDFs that made pasting into RW a pain.

At least it is not all sources that cause this (but most likely just the ones you need most...).

What if you export the homepage as html - open it in an appropriate editor and copy from there?
Haven't tried, but since the ctrl alt v works I'm not overly worried about it anymore. I had kind of forgotten about being able to paste that way.

J
jjashley is offline   #10 Reply With Quote