Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Viking698

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Ok trying to figure this one out. I need to combine 2 magic rings into one. One is a ring of sustenance and the other is a ring of protection.

If I pull up the editor and make a new copy of the ring of sustenance I can not find a way to add the protection ability to it.

What I'm I missing?

Thanks

Viking
Viking698 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Try making a copy of the ring of protection as well, and look at the eval script on that.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
It would probably be easier to just make the copy of the ring of protection, rename it and reprice it. The sustenance portion doesn't have any mechanics that HL needs as far as I know.
blzbob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM
Easier yeah, but if he actually looks at the scripts it'll help him learn. Even if it is just a copy and paste job.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gcpeart

Old November 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
I'm kind of in the same pickle, except in this case one of the items I want to combine is greyed out (even though I've purchased the package it is in.)

Still this thread leads to a more general problem I have, and that is it is pretty common in our home campaign, where magic item creation is allowed, to do a lot of combining items in a single slot, or upgrading items as you go. It actually isn't essential to me that hero lab get the price right, but I'd love to be able to say take any stock item and add to it the powers of another.

Speaking in software terms, I wonder if item inheritance would be possible? Basically create a new items which defines a slot/price and what ever else you want to define, but also inherits from one or more items? If you have conflicts call them out, but it would make magic item composition easy peazy.
gcpeart is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 6th, 2012, 10:56 AM
It's generally easy to copy the functional bits from either or both of the items you want to combine, and then make a new item from that in the editor. Is there a specific example you'd like some help with as an example?
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nanan00

Old November 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I wish there was a way to make custom items but I have just resorted to making copies of the item with added text or info depending.
Nanan00 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Adrian42

Old February 5th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I am still confused. Where and what do I need to Copy/Paste & where do I Copy/Paste it into? Are there other areas/buttons/fields that need to be duplicated to combine the items?
Adrian42 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Adrian42

Old February 5th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
It's generally easy to copy the functional bits from either or both of the items you want to combine, and then make a new item from that in the editor. Is there a specific example you'd like some help with as an example?
Boots of Elvenkind & Winterland & Mire
Adrian42 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote