Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gcpeart

Old November 17th, 2015, 12:41 PM
So I searched, and I found this ancient thread, but I don't think it ended where the author hoped.

So here goes, I started using the Encounter Library for Giantslayer, and I've found it a boon, but I think many of us can relate, you can't use an Adventure Path out of the box with out making changes. Be it for party / player skill balance, order of execution, because you want more tentacle, or a myriad of other reasons. So the encounter libraries, like the APs give me a great starting point, but customization naturally occurs.

What I would like to do is one of two things, the first is save my customizations into my own in encounter library, but I haven't found any way to save / create an encounter library, let along an encounter.

Or allow the dashboard on the far right to be sub-foldered by encounter. I'd like to be able to see the CR estimates by subfolder, and be able to collapse everything but what I'm looking at for an encounter.

The use case I have is that I want to get all my prep done in advance but not have to manage files or juggle a confusing UI at run time. I don't use the tactical console because I don't find it "doesn't do the job" I want it to (I don't have all the PCs in my portfolio, nor does it particularly track spell durations well, so it is redundant with my combat tracking tool.

So I don't know if this is a feature request for folders in the dashboard, or someone to take me by the hand and talk in small, slow, loud words on how to create an encounter library, but I would appreciate either.
gcpeart is offline   #1 Reply With Quote