Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Sarelth

Old May 13th, 2019, 02:26 AM
I am working my way through adding stuff from the first and second Book of Many things. Currently, I am working on the Dark Ranger Archetype and I am running into a problem with the spell list. I need to modify the Ranger spell-list to add some spells that just the Dark Ranger can use, not all rangers, as well as removing some that the Dark Ranger cannot use.

I think I have everything else more or less sorted out, but that eludes me at this time. I currently just added the spells in question to the general ranger's list, but want to fix that as soon as I can.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Also here is the file as it is so far. Probably a bit messy though.
Attached Files
File Type: email Book of Many Things.user (93.5 KB, 9 views)

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM
Curse of Strahd 5E - Player

My HL Files - Birthright, Creatures, and items
Birthright Setting and D20Despot Let me know if it breaks.
Sarelth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old May 13th, 2019, 02:56 AM
Oh and this is the Archetype in question.

Ranger of the Dark Path (Archetype)
My death has served to show me the gifts it offers.

Rangers of the dark path are cunning individuals, adept at manipulating opponents. Many who become dark rangers have been brought back from the dead, returning with newfound respect for the afterlife. What may surprise some is that this does not make them evil. Rather, the dark rangers fight evil harder because they have seen its power first hand.

Class Skills: A dark ranger adds Knowledge (religion) to her list of class skills and removes Handle Animal.

Command Undead: A dark ranger gains Command Undead as a bonus feat at 1st level. She can use this feat once per day at 1st level, and a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier starting at 3rd level, as if she possessed the Channel Negative Energy class feature.
This ability replaces wild empathy and the ranger’s favored terrain gained at 3rd level.

Combat Style: A dark ranger must choose archery as her combat style.

Ranger Spells: Rangers of the dark path add the following spells to their ranger spell lists. They remove spells with the healing descriptor and spells that could restore a creature’s ability scores or remove afflictions, diseases, or poisons.
1st: Blight arrow, cause fear, charm person, hide from undead, piercing shriek, silence, vanish
2nd: Animate dead, scare, spectral hand, unliving rage, vampiric touch
3rd: Charm monster, fear, healing thief, poison, shout
4th: Dominate person, feast on fear, shadow step

Aura of Cowardice (Su): At 4th level, the dark ranger radiates a palpably daunting aura that causes all enemies within 10 feet + 5 feet per 2 levels to take a –2 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. Creatures that are normally immune to fear lose that immunity, but take no penalty to their saves, while within the dark ranger’s aura of cowardice. This ability functions only while the dark ranger remains conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
This ability replaces hunter’s bond.

Bonus Feat: At 8th level, the dark ranger gains her choice of Undead Master or Spell Specialization (necromancy) as a bonus feat. She can ignore the prerequisites for these feats.
This ability replaces the favored terrain gained at 8th level.

Aura of Despair (Su): At 13th level, enemies within 10 feet + 5 feet per 2 levels of the dark ranger take a –2 penalty on all saving throws. This stacks with the penalty from aura of cowardice, and functions only while the dark ranger is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
This ability replaces the favored terrain gained at 13th level.

Darkest Path (Sp): At 18th level, a dark ranger chooses wail of the banshee or dominate monster. She gains the ability to cast the chosen spell once per day. She can also expend two 4th-level spell slots to cast it any other time.
This ability replaces the favored terrain gained at 18th level.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM

Sarelth is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 13th, 2019, 11:12 AM
The usual thing is to think of which other archetypes (of any class) modify the spell list of a class, and then work from there.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old May 13th, 2019, 12:55 PM
That is exactly what I was looking for. I just was not finding anything, but it may have been due to tiredness.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM

Sarelth is offline   #4 Reply With Quote