Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Matt Droz

Old February 28th, 2017, 09:41 AM
As a possible future enhancement, I'd love to be able to save multiple "default" settings on the Configure Hero box. This would benefit those of us that use Pathfinder for multiple worlds, without having to check off home rules for each every time we want to use a different set of rules. It would also let us no longer need to make "template" portfolios for specific campaigns.

Thanks!

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old March 1st, 2017, 06:16 AM
The quick and dirty fix for this right now is to create a new game system by copying your existing game system and then you can set separate defaults for each new "system".

I currently run a "Vanilla Pathfinder" system (just straight Pathfinder no user files), a "General Pathfinder" sytem (that I have EVERYTHING in), "AAW Games Pathfinder" system,and a "Skull & Shackles Pathfinder" system to keep my options/user files straight for what game I'm creating/updating in.

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 1st, 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorzatTheGray View Post
The quick and dirty fix for this right now is to create a new game system by copying your existing game system and then you can set separate defaults for each new "system".

I currently run a "Vanilla Pathfinder" system (just straight Pathfinder no user files), a "General Pathfinder" sytem (that I have EVERYTHING in), "AAW Games Pathfinder" system,and a "Skull & Shackles Pathfinder" system to keep my options/user files straight for what game I'm creating/updating in.
That has been a strategy for a while now, yes, but it doesn't work well with Realm Works, which assumes that the "core" Pathfinder is always the one you want. I've reported this as an issue, but the approach to the Content Market in Realm Works may make dedicated "Game System variant" folders un-workable.

This came up when Razor Coast was added to the core Pathfinder content. This is a product that will be available to Realm Works uses through the Content Market, but existing owners of the content are a) left to buy it again because their ownership of the original files through Frog God Games is not recognized and b) other FGG content files in a dedicated "Game System" folder (such as the one I have) are now orphaned by this approach.

What the resolution will be remains to be seen, but the strategy may very well not work any more.

The alternative strategy of creating a portfolio with an "empty" character who has all of the settings as you want them, then copying that to be the basis for your new portfolio, may be more workable in the long run.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 1st, 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt droz View Post
as a possible future enhancement, i'd love to be able to save multiple "default" settings on the configure hero box. This would benefit those of us that use pathfinder for multiple worlds, without having to check off home rules for each every time we want to use a different set of rules. It would also let us no longer need to make "template" portfolios for specific campaigns.

Thanks!
+1000!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
That has been a strategy for a while now, yes, but it doesn't work well with Realm Works, which assumes that the "core" Pathfinder is always the one you want. I've reported this as an issue, but the approach to the Content Market in Realm Works may make dedicated "Game System variant" folders un-workable.
This should be fixed in the next Hero Lab release - if you have multiple copies of a game installed, HL will ask which one you want to use before loading a portfolio from Realm Works / a portfolio you double-clicked in Windows.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old March 3rd, 2017, 03:23 AM
Awesome!

Way to go LW team!

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #6 Reply With Quote