Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Matt Droz

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm trying to create a new ability that mimics the Poison abilities, but with Blindness as the effect. I copied Paralysis, but there is no PoisDamType.Blindness, so when it calls the PoisonText, it generates the abSumm with paralysis as the effect (or blank, if I delete the PoisDamTyp). Is there anyway I can do a replace function on the abSumm text field to replace "paralysis" with "blindness"? Or a way to add a PoisDamType?

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately, you can't add tags to that group, but I can so I have. Look for it in the next release.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old December 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks!

Matt Droz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old December 18th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Hmmm... It looks like I can add the Blindness tag now. But it will only show Blindness in the effect if Paralysis is also tagged. If I create a new Poison Ability and replace the Paralysis tag with Blindness, the effect is empty. If I use the Poison - Paralysis ability and either add Blindness and delete Paralysis (perform delete) or replace Paralysis with Blindness (perform tagreplace), the effect is empty as well. Should I enter this in a bug report?

Matt Droz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 18th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Guess that's what I get for making a new tag and not looking into how the tag group is actually used. I plead distraction in the rush to yesterday's late night release.

The other half I need to do is modify the PoisonText procedure to look for the new tag. Which won't be too much trouble. I might as well just make a new poison damage racial special in the official files, while I am at it. Would you mind waiting on this until our next release? It'll probably be shortly after Christmas.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old December 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
No problem! That would be terrific!

Matt Droz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote