Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Call of Cthulhu
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dwayne

Old September 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
If you try to increase power from the advances it will not work. It keeps saying nothing is checked when power is checked. Also if you change the configuration to combine rifle/shotgun you lose any points put in them. It resets to base value and all points are lost that were already placed.
Dwayne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
#1 - I'm afraid I can't duplicate this error. I checked Power on the Basics tab, then on the advances tab, selected "Improve Characteristic", and selected Power - I didn't encounter any errors while doing that.

#2 - That setting is something that's usually a house rule that will either apply or not apply to your game, so it's something that we expected users to change before beginning chraacter creation. If you're going to change that, I'd recommend removing all the points from the existing Rifle and Shotgun skills before making the change.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
See below.

Last edited by Dwayne; September 11th, 2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: figured out the reason for bug.
Dwayne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 11th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I figured out the problem. If Power is at 18 then it will not work. If it is 17 or less it can be advanced. I believe it can be advanced to 21 by the rules.
Dwayne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
So is it not suspose to work if you have an 18 or is it a bug?
Dwayne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
The rules are pretty unclear about whether the maximum of 18 that was there when you were rolling still applies during advancement, so I'll add this to my to-do list - it should probably be more flexible.

In the meantime, as a work-around, you should be able to use the "Characteristic" adjustment on the Permanent adjustments table on the Personal tab to set POW to what it should be.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote