Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old August 1st, 2019, 12:02 PM
So creating a Goblin Street Urchin Rogue(thief) I have issues with skills... it seems Thievery is trained from two choices...I get a blue error at the bottom that says

Thievery: More than one option has made this skill trained (Street Urchin, Thief)

But I can not seem to change it or effect it?

Core Rule book page Page 233
Quote:
"Sometimes you might gain training in a specific skill from multiple sources, such as if your background granted training in Crafting and you took the alchemist class, which also grants training in Crafting. Each time after the
first that you would gain the trained proficiency rank in a given skill, you instead allocate the trained proficiency to any other skill of your choice."
So I should be able to chose another skill but there are no boxes available in the row with under Street Urchin (which still says I have one choice left). So am I doing something wrong? or should I be able to choose a different skill?
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old August 2nd, 2019, 03:25 AM
So am I missing something? I can actually complete a character due to this is issue...Is it a bug? Should I log a a ticket?

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction
marroon69 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 2nd, 2019, 05:55 AM
It should probably give you an extra choice somewhere, so I'd log it as a bug. It won't stop you from completing your character; just pick an extra trained skill on the Skills page. You'll get a warning about having too many skills, but you can ignore it.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old August 2nd, 2019, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
It should probably give you an extra choice somewhere, so I'd log it as a bug. It won't stop you from completing your character; just pick an extra trained skill on the Skills page. You'll get a warning about having too many skills, but you can ignore it.
Bug submitted
marroon69 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
martinminville

Old August 3rd, 2019, 07:56 AM
Yup, its annoying, i choose an other skill and have 2 errors for now...
martinminville is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nikosandros

Old August 4th, 2019, 04:12 AM
Another issue with training skills: if you choose to use a skill increase to train a previously untrained skill (instead or raising proficiency level), you get an error as if you had trained too many skills with your class.
Nikosandros is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 4th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
So I should be able to chose another skill but there are no boxes available in the row with under Street Urchin (which still says I have one choice left).
One other thing: did you add a location-based Lore skill to your list via the Skills page? (Absalom Lore, for example.) That's the second type of skill you get from Street Urchin.

I got to play with it more last night and rediscover how it works. :)

Last edited by Parody; August 4th, 2019 at 08:30 AM.
Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old August 4th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
One other thing: did you add a location-based Lore skill to your list via the Skills page? (Absalom Lore, for example.) That's the second type of skill you get from Street Urchin.

I got to play with it more last night and rediscover how it works. :)
The whole page seems messed up...I tried added location based Lore...there are no boxes to select anything under your background.

Seems like they were not quite ready for launch....

Also the UI ends up being really slow....and failing half the time. Not really excited about this purchase right now. Hopefully they can get it squared away quickly now that GenCon is over
marroon69 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 4th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
The whole page seems messed up...I tried added location based Lore...there are no boxes to select anything under your background.
Use the [+] button on the Skills page to add any skills you need. Then you can check them in the column for Street Urchin.

Parody is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old August 15th, 2019, 11:16 AM
So today when creating a character Iam getting the issue again where I can not pick my background skill...the check boxes are not even there...Human, Nomad, Barbarian was the class...but I looked my Rogue and Fighter have the same issue.

I did log another bug but is anyone else seeing this issue?
marroon69 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote