Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
kbs666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,589

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
This is where hiding the comment is ingenious. The poster does not know it is hidden unless they look for it while in incognito mode.

There are posters on this board that complain about slow roll out of features/etc but they are incredibly negative in the way they do it, if these posts are on facebook they really should be removed.

But if anyone is researching a product to decide whether to purchase it or not they should not go to just the products site for this research (or FB) they should look else where.
You think people don't do that? You think people don't have rl friends that they aren't FB friends with? That route is sure to get a company in huge trouble. It is not ingenious. It is sure to just make the customer even angrier.

As to people on the forum being "incredibly" negative. I stood up for LWD for a long time. I bought RW in 2015, IIRC, and at the time updates and new features were rolling out at a steady pace. Then roughly Fall of 2016 everything became about rolling out the CM and updates and new features ground to a halt as did any real communication from LWD. For a long time after that I still stood up for them. I knew what they were doing was going to be hard but when all communication stopped and they said they couldn't make any progress because of Paizo and bug reports were being completely ignored and despite the fact there was nothing they could reasonably be doing on the CM front we still got no bug fixes and no new features I soured on LWD. Then they announced HLO which clearly was going to take the focus of their web technology guy(s) away from working with Paizo to get the CM working to that. I bit my tongue because clearly they must be having a money crunch. But after another year almost and when people around here have to literally beg for any scrap of info they get a huffy "nothing new so we can't see why we should bother with telling you anything." I had finally had enough.

People aren't being "incredibly" negative. Some of them are backers who are waiting for rewards for years that should have been delivered at least 6 months ago, that was the last time BJ promised them. Some are fans of the project who want it to succeed, in my case I made videos to evangelize it because Liz asked the community to do so, I'd still be doing so if there was anything new to show people. I doubt any of the forum regulars doesn't truly love the project and have many hundreds if not thousands of hours of our creativity wrapped up in it. We just want it to be better because it is so clearly partially finished in so many frustrating ways and it falls further and further behind technologically every day.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #511 Reply With Quote
evildmguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 343

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You think people don't do that? You think people don't have rl friends that they aren't FB friends with? That route is sure to get a company in huge trouble. It is not ingenious. It is sure to just make the customer even angrier.

As to people on the forum being "incredibly" negative. I stood up for LWD for a long time. I bought RW in 2015, IIRC, and at the time updates and new features were rolling out at a steady pace. Then roughly Fall of 2016 everything became about rolling out the CM and updates and new features ground to a halt as did any real communication from LWD. For a long time after that I still stood up for them. I knew what they were doing was going to be hard but when all communication stopped and they said they couldn't make any progress because of Paizo and bug reports were being completely ignored and despite the fact there was nothing they could reasonably be doing on the CM front we still got no bug fixes and no new features I soured on LWD. Then they announced HLO which clearly was going to take the focus of their web technology guy(s) away from working with Paizo to get the CM working to that. I bit my tongue because clearly they must be having a money crunch. But after another year almost and when people around here have to literally beg for any scrap of info they get a huffy "nothing new so we can't see why we should bother with telling you anything." I had finally had enough.

People aren't being "incredibly" negative. Some of them are backers who are waiting for rewards for years that should have been delivered at least 6 months ago, that was the last time BJ promised them. Some are fans of the project who want it to succeed, in my case I made videos to evangelize it because Liz asked the community to do so, I'd still be doing so if there was anything new to show people. I doubt any of the forum regulars doesn't truly love the project and have many hundreds if not thousands of hours of our creativity wrapped up in it. We just want it to be better because it is so clearly partially finished in so many frustrating ways and it falls further and further behind technologically every day.
Sadly this is mostly me. I still suggest LWD products to people but am disappointed at HLO and that nothing new has been done on RW. As soon as Paizo held them up, they should have had, or by now come up with, a new plan to do as much as they can without Paizo.

Mainly, I stay away and don't say much, waiting to see what will happen. As I have said in other posts, though, RW was not written for the way I run a game and while it is incredibly useful for prep work, I still find it slow compared to writing things down. I think the quick entry was the best thing keeping me coming back and using RW.

I'm bummed about it but still have the tiny shred of hope that something will eventually happen.
evildmguy is offline   #512 Reply With Quote
Toblakai
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 378

Old August 6th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You think people don't do that? You think people don't have rl friends that they aren't FB friends with? That route is sure to get a company in huge trouble. It is not ingenious. It is sure to just make the customer even angrier.

As to people on the forum being "incredibly" negative. I stood up for LWD for a long time. I bought RW in 2015, IIRC, and at the time updates and new features were rolling out at a steady pace. Then roughly Fall of 2016 everything became about rolling out the CM and updates and new features ground to a halt as did any real communication from LWD. For a long time after that I still stood up for them. I knew what they were doing was going to be hard but when all communication stopped and they said they couldn't make any progress because of Paizo and bug reports were being completely ignored and despite the fact there was nothing they could reasonably be doing on the CM front we still got no bug fixes and no new features I soured on LWD. Then they announced HLO which clearly was going to take the focus of their web technology guy(s) away from working with Paizo to get the CM working to that. I bit my tongue because clearly they must be having a money crunch. But after another year almost and when people around here have to literally beg for any scrap of info they get a huffy "nothing new so we can't see why we should bother with telling you anything." I had finally had enough.

People aren't being "incredibly" negative. Some of them are backers who are waiting for rewards for years that should have been delivered at least 6 months ago, that was the last time BJ promised them. Some are fans of the project who want it to succeed, in my case I made videos to evangelize it because Liz asked the community to do so, I'd still be doing so if there was anything new to show people. I doubt any of the forum regulars doesn't truly love the project and have many hundreds if not thousands of hours of our creativity wrapped up in it. We just want it to be better because it is so clearly partially finished in so many frustrating ways and it falls further and further behind technologically every day.
I have never looked at a site in incognito mode to see if my posts were visible nor have I asked a friend too look, or had a friend ask me to. I suspect this is very uncommon thing to have happen.

I have no issue with being upset about not getting the features of the product done. I am not a kickstarter backer, I feel for the kickstater backers, I am waiting on two kickstarters to finish up after years of delays (OOTS being the oldest) but I don't post disparaging remarks about the people or the company like I see here on these forums.

It would be nice if there were more updates, but it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't thing there.

The loss of veteran developers probably really hurt LWD. I have been on projects where we have lost developers, it sucks because you spend most of your time training up the new hires on the code base and process/etc and not much on getting stuff done. C++ code base like HLC takes the longest to get someone up to speed too, web based stuff like HLO will be easier because the frameworks are known by many.
Toblakai is offline   #513 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Posts: 686

Old August 7th, 2018, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
You think people don't do that? You think people don't have rl friends that they aren't FB friends with? That route is sure to get a company in huge trouble. It is not ingenious. It is sure to just make the customer even angrier.

As to people on the forum being "incredibly" negative. I stood up for LWD for a long time. I bought RW in 2015, IIRC, and at the time updates and new features were rolling out at a steady pace. Then roughly Fall of 2016 everything became about rolling out the CM and updates and new features ground to a halt as did any real communication from LWD. For a long time after that I still stood up for them. I knew what they were doing was going to be hard but when all communication stopped and they said they couldn't make any progress because of Paizo and bug reports were being completely ignored and despite the fact there was nothing they could reasonably be doing on the CM front we still got no bug fixes and no new features I soured on LWD. Then they announced HLO which clearly was going to take the focus of their web technology guy(s) away from working with Paizo to get the CM working to that. I bit my tongue because clearly they must be having a money crunch. But after another year almost and when people around here have to literally beg for any scrap of info they get a huffy "nothing new so we can't see why we should bother with telling you anything." I had finally had enough.

People aren't being "incredibly" negative. Some of them are backers who are waiting for rewards for years that should have been delivered at least 6 months ago, that was the last time BJ promised them. Some are fans of the project who want it to succeed, in my case I made videos to evangelize it because Liz asked the community to do so, I'd still be doing so if there was anything new to show people. I doubt any of the forum regulars doesn't truly love the project and have many hundreds if not thousands of hours of our creativity wrapped up in it. We just want it to be better because it is so clearly partially finished in so many frustrating ways and it falls further and further behind technologically every day.
Well and fairly stated!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #514 Reply With Quote
jtnlange
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Caledonia,WI
Posts: 9

Old August 7th, 2018, 06:08 AM
While I was not a backer at the time, I fell in love with the program at Gen-Con a few years back. Finally pulled the trigger and purchased it. I have not regretted it. I understand the frustration alot of people here have and I truly hope it will get resolved. As far as the CM is concerned if it is only PF or D&D then I am not at all the interested as I do not play those games. If it will include games like Shadowrun/Aces & Eights/ Legend of the Five Rings then OK. otherwise I will go ahead and enter it myself and move on. Just my $.02.

Have a great day everyone

Trevor L.
Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX
jtnlange is offline   #515 Reply With Quote
kbs666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,589

Old August 7th, 2018, 06:36 AM
There is a small chance for Shadowrun as LWD does produce HLC for that. Aces & Eights and Lot5R's both seem very unlikely. You might want to ask for RW content over on the Shadowrun forums.

BTW do you intend to switch over to the FFG version of Lot5R's rpg when that releases?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #516 Reply With Quote
jtnlange
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Caledonia,WI
Posts: 9

Old August 7th, 2018, 08:22 AM
not to derail this but not really. I will probably get it for the fluff, but I am not a big specialty dice guy. I play the FFG Star Wars and i am not a big fan of it. I am a concrete results guy. I roll the dice and compare for results. I feel it is up to me and the GM to play the scene out from that. I.E. did it just make it or fail miserably or something like that. What do you think of it?

You can email me or IM me if you want to continue this I don't want to get way off topic here :-)

Thanks

Trevor L.
jtnlange@hotmail.com

P.S. I am also working on entering Shadowrun but would be nice to have some pre made stuff.
jtnlange is offline   #517 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 56

Old August 7th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharmiones View Post
Looks like recent complains are piling up.

So let me predict what will happen next:
There will be a statement from <enter random LWD employee here> that they currently do not have much news but we shall expect to see some <great/exciting/lengthy or similar or combination of these> in the next <days/weeks/until random date generated by the none existing customer Calendar>.

This will calm down the emotions and there will be thank you posts all over the place just because of this useless post. The announced timeframe/date will pass by with no information posted. Weeks will pass by and the complains will start to pile up again, starting this circle on square one again.

Did I miss something from how it went the last times?

*Yawn*
Been there done that, even got the T-Shirt. Wore a hole in it and now use it as a duster.
*Yawn*
Three months and still true. *goes back to sleep*
Tharmiones is offline   #518 Reply With Quote
Azgulor
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 46

Old August 7th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
While I was not a backer at the time, I fell in love with the program at Gen-Con a few years back. Finally pulled the trigger and purchased it. I have not regretted it. I understand the frustration alot of people here have and I truly hope it will get resolved. As far as the CM is concerned if it is only PF or D&D then I am not at all the interested as I do not play those games. If it will include games like Shadowrun/Aces & Eights/ Legend of the Five Rings then OK. otherwise I will go ahead and enter it myself and move on. Just my $.02.
]
I'm in a similar boat. While I was/am a HLC user (and now HLO for Starfinder), I chose not to back the Kickstarter. Realm Works has transformed my games. I can appreciate people wanting certain features, but I've continued to see the product improve. Still a LWD & Realms Works fan.
Azgulor is offline   #519 Reply With Quote
zandraxon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23

Old August 8th, 2018, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azgulor View Post
I'm in a similar boat. While I was/am a HLC user (and now HLO for Starfinder), I chose not to back the Kickstarter. Realm Works has transformed my games. I can appreciate people wanting certain features, but I've continued to see the product improve. Still a LWD & Realms Works fan.
I'd like to 3rd or 4th this thought... Yes, I'd love to see the market open up, but RW has been a 100%+++ improvement in my campaign organization as well as my game days. I'm sure I'm still not, after 3 years, using some tools as intended, but I've settled into a routine that makes my sessions purr. Sure I'd love a better calendar, but I'm clear-headed enough with my critique to know that I'm never giving it up, no matter what happens in the future.
zandraxon is offline   #520 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.