Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vampyre

Old May 20th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Hello again,

I'm working (and progressing nicely, figuring out how RW was thought to work, and even if I do mistakes, I'm learning). The more I'm in, and the less I want to stop.

As you might have noticed, my english is not perfect. I'm french speaking as my first language. English come only in third. So, I basically wanted to translate most of the tags inside RW (I have read a post telling me how to do it).

But now, I'm facing two problems.

- First one, is that now I have, for all the tags that I removed the protection, have a nice icon telling me that section has the protection removed. It's fine with me, I know that I removed the protection, to make the translation. But I can't find out how to put the protection back on, for extra security. Could you point me out on how to reprotect the tags back (well, if it's even possible).

- The second problem, is that there are tags I absolutely don't need in my campaign. (most in the classes). When I right click on a tag, I see that I could "Delete tag", if only the option wasn't greyed out. That I am in edit mode, or after I saved, I never can activate that "delete tag" option. Could you also point me out the way to do it ?

Many thanks for your patience,

Vampyre
Vampyre is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2014, 01:30 PM
One a tag domain has its protection removed, there's no going back. So there's no way to put protection back in place after you remove it and modify the tags.

The main reason for adding protection was to warn users before they changed the meaning of tags. We had Beta users who simply renamed tags instead of hiding them and adding new ones, which was going to result in bad things happening when content sharing occurred. So we needed to take steps to help prevent that from occurring.

In your case, you've done things correctly. You need to rename them for the purpose of translating them. Just as long as they still have the same basic meaning, they will all work fine, even if you integrate shared content in the future.

Tags that are built-in cannot be deleted. This is because you might integrate shared content created by others in the future that reference those tags. The trick with built-in tags is to hide them. Select a tag and then look to the right where you have renamed them. There is a checkbox labeled "Shown". If you uncheck that, the tag will become hidden when selecting tags to assign, just as if you deleted it. However, it still exists if someone else uses the tag and you integrate their content in with yours.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old May 20th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Thank you Rob,

It does help definitely. Thanks for the fast answer
Vampyre is offline   #3 Reply With Quote