Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Exmortis

Old October 22nd, 2016, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I would not count on Hasbro being reasonable. In fact Hasbro being unreasonable is the genesis on Pathfinders creation and success. Which is why Pathfinder has a 3 year growth of 153% with reported sails of 11.2 Million in 2013. While Hasbro will not break out Wizards portion of there sales, but we do know that Wizards makes up 10% of there gaming division and and they reported losses during the same period.
Well best you can hope for is that Hasbro looks over at Lisa, and sees her success. Paizo is a model for gaming publishers, it even sells "competing" products. She is not stupid, gamers play what they love, so why not sell it all and make some money. Solid business women she is.

Maybe, and I stress maybe because it is Hasbro after all, the people buying 5e may have a little voice. If the powers that be keep seeing money being spent on PF and other systems, and how the support of products like HL and RW are helping to fuel that game economy, they may see the "light" and change....Hopefully

The 5e SRD is already the crack in their stupidity, blaming OGL and PF for their downfall with 4e was laughable. But seems 5e is finding a place back on gamer tables. So those gamers want more change? More open materials? HL, RW, or others? Make sure you band together and make your voices and desires heard. Make sure you state how much you love 5e and want to use all these supporting products like PF players, or how much you love 5e but can't play with out such support and are going back to another game system.

If they don't listen? Ask them is they work for Paizo? As that's what product your going to buy now.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 22nd, 2016, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I would not count on Hasbro being reasonable. In fact Hasbro being unreasonable is the genesis on Pathfinders creation and success. Which is why Pathfinder has a 3 year growth of 153% with reported sails of 11.2 Million in 2013. While Hasbro will not break out Wizards portion of there sales, but we do know that Wizards makes up 10% of there gaming division and and they reported losses during the same period.
5e Material is already being sold for multiple competing VTT products (Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, AltSpaceVR, ...) So, why wouldn't they sell through HeroLab and RealmWorks?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 23rd, 2016, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
5e Material is already being sold for multiple competing VTT products (Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, AltSpaceVR, ...) So, why wouldn't they sell through HeroLab and RealmWorks?
A quick check shows that roll20 is only providing the 5e SRD (https://roll20.net/compendium), which is the same level of support in HL.
Farling is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 23rd, 2016, 05:02 AM
Actually they have a liscense agreement with roll20 and fantasy grounds.

http://blog.roll20.net/post/14811729...d-partner-with

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old October 23rd, 2016, 04:01 PM
removed

Last edited by jkthomsen9; October 24th, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
ALERT! The bashing stops NOW! Any further bashing of individuals or companies will result in the banhammer and/or thread closure. I don't want to do either of those things. Yes, I'm looking at you, @jkthomsen9, but everyone is hereby on notice.

And, for the record, I can categorically state that some of the bashing arguments being made are ill-informed, at best.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled, constructive discussions. Thank you.

Last edited by rob; October 23rd, 2016 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added clarification
rob is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:07 PM
Disregard ... I don't wish to confuse any with the facts.....

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; October 23rd, 2016 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Rob and I posted nearly Simultaneously
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Disregard ... I don't wish to confuse any with the facts.....
I actually saw your original post. I didn't see any "facts" there that contributed in any constructive way to the conversation. Thank you for the retraction. However, your assertion above about the "facts" is specious, at best. Please share your "facts" (aka: opinions) on the subject elsewhere. Thanks!
rob is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 23rd, 2016, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
However, your assertion above about the "facts" is specious, at best. Please share your "facts" (aka: opinions) on the subject elsewhere. Thanks!
Well, if you had a private PM Rob, I would happily share those facts with you. Since I have corresponded with many of those involved throughout the years concerning that particular topic. ie Casey Brown, Gygax, Holan, Mohan, Mona just to list a few. Before you condemn facts you have determined "opinion" (without determining validity) be sure yours isn't the opinion in question.

I get controlling a thread to keep it on topic and agree in monitoring them to keep the flow positive.
So again, as you say, happy to share the facts with you elsewhere.

Best Regards,
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2016, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Well, if you had a private PM Rob, I would happily share those facts with you. Since I have corresponded with many of those involved throughout the years concerning that particular topic. ie Casey Brown, Gygax, Holan, Mohan, Mona just to list a few. Before you condemn facts you have determined "opinion" (without determining validity) be sure yours isn't the opinion in question.

I get controlling a thread to keep it on topic and agree in monitoring them to keep the flow positive.
So again, as you say, happy to share the facts with you elsewhere.
The contents of your original post simply assigned blame to a variety of individuals and used a few choice phrases that a court of law would deem as opinion. I have no reason to doubt that you know lots of inside details. I have spoken with many of the same people you cite, plus many others, and there are lots of sordid details that I've been told and that have found their way into other places across the internet. Those details don't belong here on these forums. More importantly, your original post didn't include any of those details as support for your assertions - only the assertions themselves.

I wholly understand the frustrations of long-time D&D players. Heck, I started playing D&D in 1976! And I've had my own experiences dealing directly with Wizards on multiple occasions for business over the past 15+ years. That does NOT mean this is the place to discuss frustrations with Wizards, even if some of them are completely valid. There are other places across the internet that welcome such threads, should you choose to do so.

*THAT* is the point I am making here. So let's PLEASE get this discussion back to its proper purpose. Thanks!

Last edited by rob; October 23rd, 2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added a word to clarify my reference
rob is offline   #60 Reply With Quote