Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

BPIJonathan

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I suspect you have old versions of the downloads - the first two are because around a year ago, ShadowChemosh donated most of his spell adjustments to us, and we incorporated them in the program, so now, if you use the 2 year old adjustments file he made, those items will be duplicates of things that are in HL already.

The second two errors are things that cropped up and were fixed with revised downloads half a year ago.
That would explain a lot. Things I didnt know. Thanks a lot, Its much appreciated. Let me go through my stuff and remove those particular files.

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BPIJonathan is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 1st, 2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I suspect you have old versions of the downloads - the first two are because around a year ago, ShadowChemosh donated most of his spell adjustments to us, and we incorporated them in the program, so now, if you use the 2 year old adjustments file he made, those items will be duplicates of things that are in HL already.

The second two errors are things that cropped up and were fixed with revised downloads half a year ago.
How do we go about donating our .user files to you?

For instance, my patch that fixed all the Shadowrun Metagenetic qualities that can be both Meta and non-Meta is yours as far as I'm concerned, I just wanted to fix the problem.
cryptoknight is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
GarThor

Old August 14th, 2020, 02:33 PM
Because I was trying to figure out how to do this for my own .user files, and make it easier on myself for next time... Once you figure out what you want your users to be able to "import", you can export your .user files to an .hl file under "tools->Launch HLExport" then you fill out the form, and click "Generate".

After that, you can re-import using "Tools->Import..."
GarThor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
jcaruso217

Old April 28th, 2022, 04:01 PM
I have a .user file I want to add to the hero lab classic. Can anyone advise how to add .user files?

Current hero lab directories are different than previous instructions in this thread.

Thank you!!
jcaruso217 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 28th, 2022, 04:37 PM
In Hero Lab Classic, once you've opened a game system selecting Tools > Explore Folders > Game System Data Folder in the menu will open the correct folder for that game system. Closing HLC (keeping the folder open), copying the .user file into the folder, and reopening that system in HLC will recompile the game system incorporating the new .user file.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
VDawg

Old September 10th, 2023, 04:25 PM
I'm getting this error when I installed Spheres of Power and Sphere's of Might. I can't upload the other screenshot because it's too big.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-09-10 201452.png (117.1 KB, 5 views)
VDawg is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 10th, 2023, 11:25 PM
There's a forum thread for Spheres of Power, but unfortunately the person who's meant to be responsible hasn't been active for a long time. Try posting there - or search that thread - and you might get assistance.
That said - you may not have the most up-to-date file(s) or installed them in the wrong order. I'm guessing your second screenshot is a huge list of errors because HL hasn't loaded ANY user files after the first error.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 10th, 2023, 11:39 PM
VDawg, since the error mentions a duplicate, my first guess would be that you've installed two different versions of whatever it is you're adding.
Mathias is offline   #18 Reply With Quote