Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

lschantz

Old July 27th, 2020, 08:51 AM
When I select level 3 school of swords, under the skills tab it gives me an option to select a lore skill, but I have no point to spend even though it says I should have one. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
lschantz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2020, 09:01 AM
I'd like to clarify what's happening here. Do you mean that you used the + button on the skills table to add one of the qualifying lore skills, like Scouting Lore, but there's no "0/1" listed under Swords, or that there's no Swords column on your skills tab?

Or do you mean that you see "Swords" listed there, but no checkboxes show up in that column. If it's this second case, use the + button at the top right of the skills tab to choose which lore skill you would like to have trained by the Swords school.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lschantz

Old July 27th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'd like to clarify what's happening here. Do you mean that you used the + button on the skills table to add one of the qualifying lore skills, like Scouting Lore, but there's no "0/1" listed under Swords, or that there's no Swords column on your skills tab?

Or do you mean that you see "Swords" listed there, but no checkboxes show up in that column. If it's this second case, use the + button at the top right of the skills tab to choose which lore skill you would like to have trained by the Swords school.

There is a Sword 0/1, but no box in order to check the skill I choose.
lschantz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2020, 09:28 AM
What lore skills have you added to your character? The Swords school can only choose from Gladiatorial Lore, Scouting Lore and Warfare Lore, so make sure you've added at least one of those. Use the + button at the top right of the skills table to add them.

Last edited by Mathias; July 27th, 2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling error
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
lschantz

Old July 27th, 2020, 09:29 AM
That could be it, I might be selecting the wrong skill, when the down time is over I will take a look. Thanks.
lschantz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2020, 03:16 PM
This is a case where the Lore skills need to be manually added to the character, where they will then display their checkboxes for selection under that Swords header. Because there's a limited number of Lore skills that can be added to a character, we didn't want to lock those in for sources that offered a choice of trained skills, since you'd have 1-2 dead skills usually that would be permanently present and unused.
Daniel V is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lschantz

Old July 31st, 2020, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the info, it was a mistake that I was making. I had been choosing an incorrect lore. It's running perfectly now.
lschantz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2020, 03:40 PM
No worries, it's a pretty common thing users run into it seems, and one I've flagged for us to look into to see if there's a better way we can approach it while still keeping options as open as possible for users.
Daniel V is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Marionwhitman

Old March 2nd, 2022, 09:28 AM
I had a similar situation and thought it was an error, but it seems I'm doing something wrong.
Thank you.
Marionwhitman is offline   #9 Reply With Quote