Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old March 21st, 2017, 02:53 AM
​Welcome to the Arcanis, the World of the Shattered Empires!

Arcanis, like many other fantasy RPG settings, embraces certain fantasy tropes common to many other games and novels; various human and non-human sentient races, gods that make their presence known in some manner, whether actually manifesting or granting their followers powers or “gifts”, ancient crypts and ruins filled with treasure guarded by creatures borne out of nightmare and of course, magic.

Arcanis takes many of these tropes and gives them a unique twist. The dwarves were once Celestial Giants that once transgressed against the Gods and were cursed to their smaller stature and forced to live underground. Our “elves”, known as elorii, were created as a servitor race, infused with elemental energy to serve their merciless master, the reptilian Ssethric race. Gnomes are twisted and malformed, a result of a union between a dwarf and a human, and so on.

Rather than the standard “good” and “evil” deities, there is the Pantheon of Man, a group of twelve immensely powerful divine beings who are beyond the concept of good and evil; each with a number of different aspects that are revered by the various churches in the Known Lands. It is in the manner, as well as which aspects these temples worship the Gods that the concept of good and evil are finally distilled. Of course, it all depends on your point of view. No one considers themselves the villains in their own mind.

While the world of Arcanis, and in fact the continent of Onara, is immense, you’ll start your adventures in an area called the Known Lands, which encompasses the Coryani Empire and many of its breakaway provinces, the dwarven enclaves, the Bright Nations of the Elorii, the Blessed Lands, and other regions filled with exotic mysteries and epic adventure.

Prepare to leave your mark upon the Shattered Empires! ​

Below are FREE Realm Works files designed for D&D 5e realms.

D&D 5e Arcanis Rules Primer
A free introduction to the campaign world including rules for playing in the world of Arcanis.

Taboo
4 hour Introductory Adventure Intro #1
A Nawal of the Yhing Hir calls upon a group of travelers to retrieve the body of his dead son from a place where no Horseman may ride
An Introductory adventure for Tier 1 characters (levels 1 through 3) optimized for 1st level characters.

A Thousand Words
4-hour Introductory Adventure Intro #2
When a painting is worth a thousand words, what image might those words paint? Not everything is black and white in Faerdlau as the Heroes are invited to speak with Ryter Ealdmar val’Holryn.
An Introductory adventure for Tier 1 characters (levels 1 through 3) optimized for 2nd level characters.

Living Arcanis
Living Arcanis is an organized play campaign using the 5th Edition rule set and successor to the original Living Arcanis d20 campaign that was part of the RPGA. The adventures are designed to fall in one of two categories: Hard Points and Soft Points.

The Hard Points are the core adventures that tell a complete story, what we call a Story Arc, and should be played in numbered order.

The Soft Points may or may not follow the current story arc and are meant to open up new vistas or explore aspects of Arcanis that the Hard Points do not. Soft Points may be played in any order, unless specifically noted.

The majority of the Living Arcanis adventures are designed to be played in approximately four hours, which corresponds to the time available in convention play and are a combination of roleplaying encounters with combat ones. A few adventures, designated as Battle Interactives, will normally take longer to play and focuses heavily on combat scenarios.

To join Live Arcanis grab a copy of the Living Arcanis - Campaign Guidelines and check out the website.

*Released with permission from Paradigm Concepts who happen to have alot more free 5e adventures that they are happy to be put into Realm Works!
** digital maps and NPC art added by me
*** This was not a paid advertisement, just supporting a company who was happy to let me put their content into Realm Works and give it all to you.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; June 20th, 2017 at 02:23 AM.
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gwydion

Old March 21st, 2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks so much for putting this into Realmworks! I'm still playing around with how much to utilize Realmworks with my Fantasy Grounds campaigns. With you doing the work on this I can input the pdf into FG myself and use them together. Already doing this with Princes of the Apocalypse (I put into Realmworks myself) and the players love it.

Looking at the kickstarter as well. Thanks again!

Last edited by Gwydion; March 21st, 2017 at 11:24 AM.
Gwydion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 21st, 2017, 02:24 PM
Nps at all It's such an interesting concept this Live Campaign stuff. Just seeing that they are limiting some classes / roles to 1 person or very few people is really cool IMO. Need to get on board and get my game into this live campaign world I think.

I've nearly finished the 3rd adventure also. Just need to make a map for it.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old March 21st, 2017, 05:21 PM
daplunk, it's a shame you don't play Pathfinder! We've got a living world campaign we play through PbP that's been going strong for almost 7 years now.

We've got a great community of members who play, GM, or both, and our world is entirely created and maintained cooperatively by our members.

It's one of the most satisfying RPG experiences I've ever been a part of!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 4th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Links are back-up. Please patch before you import with today's release.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; April 4th, 2017 at 06:32 PM.
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 20th, 2017, 02:23 AM
Links updated with fresh exports since they were no longer working.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
wilcoxon

Old October 1st, 2017, 05:00 PM
How much of what you've added for Arcanis would be applicable to the Arcanis RPG version of Arcanis (vs the 5e version)? Personally, I much prefer ARPG for Arcanis.
wilcoxon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 1st, 2017, 05:40 PM
All the story stuff could be used I'm sure. The mechanics would all need to be changed.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wilcoxon

Old October 1st, 2017, 07:04 PM
Does the 5e Arcanis material include Blessed Lands or Ssethregore/Ss'ressen book material? I'm assuming not as I think there is only the core book for 5e Arcanis but I haven't really kept up with the 5e material so I'm not sure if any extras got included (either in the core book or as separate books).

Just trying to gauge how much effort it would take to use with ARPG...
wilcoxon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 1st, 2017, 07:22 PM
So this is just the 5e primer and a few of the free adventures.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote