Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

llothos

Old August 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
If your looking for beta testers you can count me in, I am relatively knew around here I have been using hero lab /w pathfinder for nearly a month now and I really like the product.
llothos is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
tanglebones

Old August 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
By way of feedback
I sat in on the Seminar at Gencon and am looking forward to working with this.
At first blush I have the feeling that this will be a very powerful tool for GMs who are willing to put the time in to organizing their world.

I can envision Realm Works facilitating players interacting w/ the other players and the GM between actual gaming sessions. It is also very easy to see how the program will help bring all the fine details, tiny clues and intricate details that GMs love and are often lost as background noise back into focus for the players.

However; their is a caveat; in order for the program to work well the GM will have to get all the information and associations into their proper places. Regardless of how you have your world stored the very nature of the program will demand some time spent dong the data entry and setting things up. Clearly, the more time and care that is spent on the data entry end the better the final product will be on the other end.
tanglebones is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I sat in on the same seminar, i must say i was pleasently surprised at the ide range of capabilities it will have. it loks like a nov to dec beta release with the product comin out spring of 2012. of course those are estimates only.

i thought the product looked great, much beter then the pictures curently on the site. i asked about taking pictures but Rob said they were ging to update the website with some new snaphots soon anyways.

i'll try to write up some details about the product when i get home next week. am too tired from working the booth all day to do too much tonight.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old August 6th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'd love to have a go at beta testing as well.
DMG is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old August 7th, 2011, 02:37 AM
No doubt if there is an open beta testing cycle, they'll post it up for us to apply.

I, of course, am very keen but I'm interested in the localisation (see?) if any, and how tedious/streamlined/navigable the data entry will be.
McTaff is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 7th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I'm up for the beta test, as I am eagerly awaiting this product. I'm currently using Obsidian Portal and my SQL database, but I'd like everything easy to find in one nice place. Definitely would like to beta test it.
Kendall-DM is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
IconoclasticScream

Old August 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I'd love a chance to beta test it as well. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
IconoclasticScream is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:13 AM
I saw the Demo at the both the program looks very solid, can not wait for the release. If Beta testers are needed I would also like to join.
SAbel is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Where did you saw the demo? At GenCon? Waiting for the program....
tkarn is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
LW was giving demos of the product, as it exists today, at their booth at Gen Con and at a Friday seminar. I say as it exists today, since there will be changes made to the product prior to and after beta.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #20 Reply With Quote