Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BenT1

Old May 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I am trying to make the 'Knight' class from the DND Players HB II, for use in my game that I am converting to Pathfinder. So far everything has gone pretty good, and am figuring out how to use the Editor.

Currently I am having 1 issue. I am using portions of the Fighter class as a base. I have removed the bonus feats, but am keeping the Bravery, Armor Training, and Weapon Training. It is this last I am having issues with. Under the Class tab in the Editor, I have the Weapon Training in the Custom Abilities, same as the Fighter that I copied. I have told the Knight Class to use the Fighter Custom Abilities and am able to select the weapon groups at the appropriate levels. What it does not do is the Bonus count in the actual character sheet. Each weapon group is listed as +0, not the +1 to +4 you get if the class is Fighter. I am missing something, but have been unable to figure out what....

Thanks in advance

BenT1

BenT1 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BenT1

Old May 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
field[listname].text = "Vigilant Defender DC +" & field[xIndex].value

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)
~our target's DC adjustment is our Knight level
var abValue as number
var bonus as number
bonus = field[xAllLev].value
bonus = round(bonus,0,-1)
field[abValue].value = bonus
field[livename].text = "Vigilant Defender DC +" & field[abValue].value

This is probably overly complex, could probably get rid of the bonus var, but it does return a number in the list, but it is +1, rather than the class level.

Thanks in advance.

BenT1
BenT1 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can't see anything in the code for weapon groups that makes them Fighter-specific, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. Could you email me the file with your new class so I can see the problem as you're seeing it, please? My email is my user name here, @wolflair.com.

For your second post, what timing did you put your script at? xAllLev isn't calculated until early in the Post-Levels phase (it will equal 0 before then), so Post-Levels/10000 is the standard timing for class abilities.

In terms of shorter code:

Code:

field[listname].text = "Vigilant Defender DC +" & field[xIndex].value

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~our target's DC adjustment is our Knight level
field[abValue].value += field[xAllLev].value
field[livename].text = "Vigilant Defender DC +" & field[abValue].value
Note the use of += when I set the value = level - that means add the level to whatever's already there. That way, a feat can be created that adds +2 to the abValue of this class ability, at some timing before this script runs, and it's effects will be seen on the ability.

Because you didn't divide the xAllLev by some number, there's no need to round it down, which is why the round() could be removed. Without that there's also no need to put the level into a variable before putting it into the abValue.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
BenT1

Old May 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I am trying to add a bonus feat at 2nd level using the class special, bonus feat button. Under the ? it says to put in a Condition of Count:Classes.XXX >= # (I am putting in DBl, my Dusk Blade 3 character unique) (Also tried HelpDBl, did not work either) (for the # I am entering 2, and tried with just #). I have the Phase:First, Priority:500 specified.

I get a syntax error: Invalid tag template specified: 'Count:Classes.DBl' every time I try to Test it.
BenT1 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Its not the 3 letter id its the Unique ID for the "Class Level" without the c part of the unique id. So assuming your Class Level Unique ID is "cDuskblade" you want to use just Duskblade.

In example here is one that checks for Sorcerer class levels of 17+
Code:
count:Classes.Sorcerer >= 17
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BenT1

Old May 17th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks.

BenT1
BenT1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
BenT1

Old May 17th, 2010, 11:49 AM
So I try again.....

Using the Develop/ Show Hero Tags I see that the Group Name: Classes, Tag Name: DuskBlade, Tag ID: Classes.DuskBlade

Entered the bonus feat tab for class specials. I have fComCast in the first box of the bootstrap. did not select noPrereqs. No Target. clicked Condition, and added
Count:Classes.DuskBlade >= 2 with a Phase:First Count:500. I press Test Now and I get the syntax error "Invalid tag template specified 'Count:Classes.DuskBlade'"

BenT1

Last edited by BenT1; May 17th, 2010 at 12:01 PM.
BenT1 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2010, 11:57 AM
From what I know HL is case sensitive or at least in regards to Unique ID's and script variable names. So Duskblade, DuskBlade, and duskblade are all different. So you need to use the exact unique id, but without the 'c' in front.

For example one of my PrC classes is the Shadow Scout from Wayfinder1. So its unique tag is cW1shadowS. So I would have to use "W1shadowS" to get it to work.

Maybe I am missing understanding something, but I know from what I got to work the above is what I had to use.

Later
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM
It turns out there was something in the code for the weapon training abilities that made them fighter-specific. It'll be fixed in the next update, but I'm afraid it's not somewhere that you'd have access to it, in order to change it yourself. Sorry that there'll be a little bit of delay before you can use this.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2010, 01:22 PM
For the invalid tag template problem, it's that you've capitalized "Count". It has to be "count:Classes.DuskBlade >= 2"
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote