Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

djc664

Old February 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
Not sure about this one, but I'm posting it anyway.

Items made of special materials (i.e. Mithral Shirt) can't be enchanted in Hero Lab. I looked through the book and the only requirement I found for enchanting is a masterwork item.

Affected items: Adamantine Breastplate, Dwarven Plate, Dragonhide Plate, Elven Chain, Mithral Shirt, Darkwood Buckler, Darkwood Shield, Mithral Heavy Shield
The items you mention are Specific Armors; special named armors are set up "as is". If you want one of those armors with additional enchantments, you want to create them as a custom item choosing the Material Used (i.e. dragon hide, adamantine, etc.) and including the additional enchantments as you like.

While you are correct that the special materials require only masterwork, in order to add any named enchantment (i.e. keen, shadowed, ghost touch, etc) to an armor or weapon, it has to be +1 first (which means it ALSO must be masterwork; HL will do that for you).
djc664 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
From what I read in the Pathfinder book, these are the steps in creating a magic item:

1. Begin with a masterwork item. As I read it, the special materials all either explicitly state or imply that items made with them are masterwork.

2. Add a +x enhancement bonus.

3. Add any special abilities (keen, shadow, etc.).

What I was trying to do was make a Mithral Shirt +1, Shadow. I didn't find any reason in the Pathfinder book that I can't do that, but HL wouldn't let me use a mithral shirt as my base item.
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
From what I read in the Pathfinder book, these are the steps in creating a magic item:

1. Begin with a masterwork item. As I read it, the special materials all either explicitly state or imply that items made with them are masterwork.

2. Add a +x enhancement bonus.

3. Add any special abilities (keen, shadow, etc.).

What I was trying to do was make a Mithral Shirt +1, Shadow. I didn't find any reason in the Pathfinder book that I can't do that, but HL wouldn't let me use a mithral shirt as my base item.
djc664's answer to your previous question was correct - a +1 mithral shirt is created in HL by creating custom armor, and selecting the mithral material and a +1 bonus. If you create a custom armor, using the mithral material and no bonus, it will be identical in stats to the mithral shirt item.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
Sling bullets are not resizing correctly. I made Small ones for a gnome bard in my party, and they are marked as "wrong size" and she cannot use them. It does mark them correctly at the name; no (s), but tiny and medium show the (t) & (m) accordingly. I've also tried making magical ones in Small, to no avail.
When I create a 1st level gnome bard, and add a sling and sling bullets, I don't see any errors. I didn't touch the weapon size selector, since it's set by the race.

Why change the size of the bullets? The sling itself calculates the damage for being a size S weapon.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When I create a 1st level gnome bard, and add a sling and sling bullets, I don't see any errors. I didn't touch the weapon size selector, since it's set by the race.

Why change the size of the bullets? The sling itself calculates the damage for being a size S weapon.
I didn't change it until I got the error. It gives the no-smoking cross out and the error popup text says they are the wrong size. No matter what size I made them, I got the same error; that was what I was trying to relate.

Can l send you the character file to see what I mean?
djc664 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
I didn't change it until I got the error. It gives the no-smoking cross out and the error popup text says they are the wrong size. No matter what size I made them, I got the same error; that was what I was trying to relate.

Can l send you the character file to see what I mean?
Is the no-smoking crossout where you would normally find the equip buttons for a weapon, or is it attached to the name? If it's replacing the equip buttons, that's because you can't equip the sling stones - you equip the sling. Arrows only have equip buttons because they can be used in melee as an improvised dagger.

If it is by the name, my email is my user name here, @wolflair.com.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Is the no-smoking crossout where you would normally find the equip buttons for a weapon, or is it attached to the name? If it's replacing the equip buttons, that's because you can't equip the sling stones - you equip the sling. Arrows only have equip buttons because they can be used in melee as an improvised dagger.
Ahh. The improvised dagger point was missed, and the error message threw me. I suppose changing it from "not the right size" error to "used as ammo only" or something would be the bug then?

I do have an actual bug this time (I promise!).. edit: two found. Is it easier if I include them in a single post, or are separate post per bug better?:

First, I want to apologize for how I found this out. I swear I'm not the GM of this character, and had no say in allowing its creation. I'm just trying to get it to be converted to PF from 3.5 for the player in our game.

1. When making a halfling rogue w/ the half-dragon template (lord help me), I found that the claws and bite are not being resized as small according to p302 of the Bestiary.

2. The Half-dragon template is not making Fly a class skill (when given a fly speed, the fly skill description states that it is gained as a class skill)

Last edited by djc664; February 12th, 2010 at 09:36 AM.
djc664 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Once the next version is out, check these again - I think they're things I've caught since the last update.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
bocephus

Old February 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Bug:
In the PDF generation/preview, with Feat descriptions turned on, only the first 3 lines of the Feats/Traits/Flaws and Specail Ability Descriptions are displayed. The rest is cut off.

Ex:
Swift Tracker (Ex)
Beginning at 8th level, a ranger can move at his normal speed while using
Surivival to follow tracks without taking the normal -5 penalty. He takes only a
-10 penalty (instead of the normal -20) when moving at up to twice normal

It ends there. 'speed while tracking.' is cutoff

Bug:
In PDF generation/preview, the skills Knowledge: Dungeoneering and Knowledge: The Planes are displayed in a smaller font than the rest of the skills.

Possible Bug:
Companion animal's inventory does not get printed in last sheet. In the case of this particular character, it was a horse. He's a ranger and has half his gear stowed in saddlebags. It does show up if I print the full sheet for the horse though.
bocephus is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Bug:
In the PDF generation/preview, with Feat descriptions turned on, only the first 3 lines of the Feats/Traits/Flaws and Specail Ability Descriptions are displayed. The rest is cut off.
Right-click on the "Show Feat/Ability Descriptions" option - it says "Selecting this option shows up to 3 lines of description summary under each feat or special ability in output". I plan to eventually offer the option to choose between a summary, which shows what it does now, and a full description, but that will require re-arranging a few things on the character sheet, since even one feat with its full description wouldn't fit on the first page of most character sheets.

Quote:
Bug:
In PDF generation/preview, the skills Knowledge: Dungeoneering and Knowledge: The Planes are displayed in a smaller font than the rest of the skills.
That's intentional - the name is resized to fit in the available space, rather than chopping it off if it's too wide.

Quote:
Possible Bug:
Companion animal's inventory does not get printed in last sheet. In the case of this particular character, it was a horse. He's a ranger and has half his gear stowed in saddlebags. It does show up if I print the full sheet for the horse though.
To be fixed, thanks for the report.

Last edited by Mathias; February 19th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote