Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Warklaw

Old August 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
So I noticed that if you name a custom magical weapons it no longer prints (in a stat block) with any of the weapons bonuses or special abilitites, instead it just lists the name. This can make it problematic for GMs who want to be creative, but may have more than one created special weapon, and therefore can not remember each and every ability for them. It would seem that having the ability to see both <name and info> (at lest perahsp in the gear section) would be beneficial.

Last edited by Warklaw; August 12th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Warklaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
You could name the thing "Serpentfang (+2 longsword of venom)" as an easy workaround.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Warklaw

Old August 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I agree. However, it seems a bit redundant, and allows for information consistancy discrepencies.
Warklaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Which game system does this apply to? This would be better posted in the forum for a game system, so we know which game we need to go fix to make this work properly.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Warklaw

Old August 18th, 2010, 07:37 AM
It pertains to Pathfinder, I suppose I assumed other game systems would have conventions that alllowed you to name created weapons (and therefore a simulare issue).
Warklaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 18th, 2010, 09:39 AM
The problem is that there will be people who don't want that information once they've changed the name. Appending that information takes a lot of space, which I'm afraid is pretty tight for the weapon displays. I'll add this to my to-do list. I'll put a checkbox next to the text box for "Append Weapon Information" that will append the auto-generated name of the weapon to what the user has entered, in parentheses.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Warklaw

Old August 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The problem is that there will be people who don't want that information once they've changed the name. Appending that information takes a lot of space, which I'm afraid is pretty tight for the weapon displays. I'll add this to my to-do list. I'll put a checkbox next to the text box for "Append Weapon Information" that will append the auto-generated name of the weapon to what the user has entered, in parentheses.
I completely understand the space limitation, especially in the Offense stat block section. I was more thinking that under Gear, where space is not as much of a concern, it could be listed with both the name and the stats.

The check box is a great idea.
Warklaw is offline   #7 Reply With Quote