Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Arkwolf

Old June 25th, 2014, 08:41 PM
The feature I would like Hero Lab to implement for Pathfinder is basically so instead of lets say choosing your starting level to be what ever level you like and then doing all the levels at once. It would instead tear down your character development level by level.

So how it would work is each level saves every bit of info for that level. So how this would benefit, lets say you going to play a campaign and you know your max level will be 6. So you go through and you make each level individually. Then when you get to your game you set your level to 1 and it only displays the stats you put for level 1.

Then your in the middle of a dungeon and you DM tells you to level up, you fill in your exp and BAM you level up but instead of having to enter in any information it took your presaved level and has applied it over the top. This could even allow for double levels. So you might of got a ton of xp and you level up twice it would apply level 2 stats and then 3 over the top. However by setting your level to what ever level you like you could change info for that level. If it affects any other levels it would display your level red and ask that you resolve any problems. For example if you took a feat that required power attack. But you remove power attack as a feat, it would notify you that the other feat is no longer valid.

So the major benefit of this feature is so you can have quick an easy levels, also a DM can go back and look at your characters with out needing 6 hero lab files.
Arkwolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cantroy

Old June 29th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Speaking as a DM, if I was forced to go through that each time, I'd likely scream in rage... I wouldn't mind it for a player having that option, and even breaking it down as you describe, but I use this as a tool to quickly make higher level NPCs as well. Just my 2 nobles worth...
cantroy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote