Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JustinThomason

Old December 12th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I have a player who is playing a dwarf monk. He’s applying the Quinggong archetype (from Ultimate Magic); the shtick of this archetype is they have the option to swap out some of the iconic Monk abilities for additional ki powers. He’s also applying the Ouat dwarven racial Monk archetype (from Inner Sea Combat). Which mostly changes out dwarven racial abilities along with a couple of Monk abilities down the line.

The problem is Hero Lab is registering a conflict. Wholeness of Body is the one Monk ability that the Ouat archetype swaps out that is also on the list of abilities that the Quinggong archetype has the option of swapping out. However, since all the changes that a Quinggong monk makes are optional, this really isn’t a conflict – the Ouat swap will take precedence over the Quinggong change, and the character won’t get an extra ki power in place of Wholeness of Body.

Paizo actually addressed this in their FAQ: http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9qnl

This won’t really become an issue until 7th level, but I wanted to see if there were anything I could do to mitigate this problem beforehand. Thanks.
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 12th, 2014, 10:54 AM
We're aware of the FAQ you mention, and it is on the to-do list, but because Quing-gong monk functions in a way that no other archetype functions, handling it properly is going to entail a large amount of effort. We haven't been able to justify swinging back to it yet, so I would say just ignore the conflict and press on once the time comes.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old December 12th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Ok. Sort of what I figured.

It is fun having players who always find the edge cases.
JustinThomason is offline   #3 Reply With Quote