Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

TCArknight

Old January 4th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Hello all!

I am pleased to announce the release of the initial data files for the Tianxia: Blood, Silk and Jade setting for Fate Core.

The following is the duplication of the information contained in the readme.txt file included in the zip file below (future releases will have the readme included within the .hl file itself to make things easier).

Quote:
Tianxia and Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade and all associated text, characters, kung fu rules, and setting information are copyright 2013 and 2016 James Dawsey and Vigilance Press. The text from Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade is used with permission from James Dawsey for the purposes of creating and sharing characters with Hero Lab. If you wish to use any of our text in other applications or publications, please contact James Dawsey at: james AT jamesdawsey.com

The included Hero Lab rules file is created and distributed by Thomas Clegg. You may contact him with errata by email at tn_clegg AT lycos.com or by messaging user TCArknight on the wolflair forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php).

You are free to distribute this Hero Lab rules file as long as there is no charge applied, and this readme file is distributed with it.

This is the implementation of the Tianxia ruleset for Fate Core in Hero Lab.

How do I make a Tianxia Character?
1) open the Character -> Configure Hero window to display a list of the systems you may have installed.
2) Select the Tianxia - Blood, Silk and Jade entry under the Tianxia header beneath the User Content settings. (This will cause the Campaign dropdown to display "<Select Me>" )
3) Click on the Campaign dropdown and select the Tianxia Campaign. This will enable the additional Kung Fu tab for the hero as well as set the Refresh Rate and other Tianxia-specific settings.

At this point, you can build your Hero as you would any other. The difference is the availability of the Kung Fu tab where Martial Art Forms and Techniques are selected.

Kung Fu Tab -
This tab is separated into three areas. At the top the current Movement for the character (in zones) is listed, as well as the Jianghu Rank. In the middle of the tab, any Kung Fu Forms the character may have chosen are listed, and at the bottom the Techniques selected for those forms. Forms and Techniques are built using the existing Stunt mechanism in Herolab.

Until a Form is chosen, all Techniques will be invalid.
If anyone has any comments, suggestions or bugs to report, you can email them to me, PM me on here, or post them to this thread. (I will consolidate any issues reported to this thread so it is all visible and in one place.)

I look forward to all feedback both good or bad.

The initial release is located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuw0u8xt5b...s1.02.zip?dl=0
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old January 4th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Version 1.02
Known Issues

Fixed Issues
TCArknight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:45 AM
Has anyone made use of this?
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
xrayzed

Old May 24th, 2017, 11:41 PM
I've downloaded this. I haven't had a chance to have a detailed look at it, but my initial impressions are positive.

Generally Fate is a system that doesn't need something like Hero Labs, but I find tracking the variations in stunts for the different martial arts styles in Tianxia is tricky at the table if there are more than one or two NPCs. I want to try this out at the table to see if it makes it easier to manage a fight.
xrayzed is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old July 19th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I just noticed your post.

How did the dataset work out? Was there anything missing or something that could be added to make it work better?
TCArknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote