Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 1st, 2014, 09:47 AM
@ShadowChemosh

Would it be possible to add a field to spells that would list a DC? Also, is there a way to add the one field that is missing from the Spells (Area, Target, Effect, it can have a few names, so it might have to be a user defined field)? Lastly, can special abilities have a DC with an associated ability-based component, so that it would calculate the 10 + 1/2 HD + ability mod? This would go a long way to solving many issues I have with spells and special abilities. Just some things I've come across lately.
Kendall-DM is offline   #31
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 1st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
Hey all, found an issue with the Solar.
When loading the Angel, Solar up as a new character, I get this error message:

Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists Locaion: ‘creation’ script for Component ‘BaseWep’ near line 17

I have Lawful_G 1.14 installed. The only options I have selected are Lawful G's Custom, Lawful G's Hidden, DMG, and Monster Manual 1.

Talking with Sendric, he feels there is probably an underlying error somewhere and suggested I post it here to be looked at.
Thanks for the bug report. I have added it to be looked at for next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
@ShadowChemosh

Would it be possible to add a field to spells that would list a DC? Also, is there a way to add the one field that is missing from the Spells (Area, Target, Effect, it can have a few names, so it might have to be a user defined field)? Lastly, can special abilities have a DC with an associated ability-based component, so that it would calculate the 10 + 1/2 HD + ability mod? This would go a long way to solving many issues I have with spells and special abilities. Just some things I've come across lately.
Yep those are all "great" ideas for improvements. I wanted to work on some of the "spells" issues that d20 has. Like not being able to assign a spell to multiple classes.

Adding the "DC" and Area, Target, Effect would also be a great addition to spells at the same time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #32
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 4th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Found a couple of issues. I've noticed that the In-Play tab works differently, and now all the things I've created with just the checkbox to activate it also have a charge on the In-Play tab that says 0/0. It's way too much work for me to get rid of all of them, when they weren't there before. Before it would either put the check box or show the charges or both depending on the selection in the Special. Now it appears these have been combined into one option on the Specials? Is this the intended use?

The other issue is unarmed attacks. It seems that the unarmed attack damage progression has been flubbed up. Medium creatures still get 1d3, but now the Large creatures are getting 1d6 rather than 1d4, and Huge creatures are getting 2d6 instead of 1d6. It appears to be doing a damage up for the size twice. I know there were some changes to unarmed strike, but this is a dozy I just happened to notice on a huge Giant and then went testing to see what was up.
Kendall-DM is offline   #33
Sendric

Old January 5th, 2015, 05:15 AM
The spell "Torrent of Elemental Rage" with id 'sPFWiz6002' from Pathfinder - Legacy of Fire is incorrectly marked as a Sorcerer spell.
Sendric is online now   #34
Sendric

Old January 9th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Am I crazy, or were we once able to 'equip' a natural weapon? I only ask because in the instances where you are wanting to use a primary natural weapon as a secondary attack, there doesn't seem to be way to determine attack bonus and damage for that attack.
Sendric is online now   #35
mirtos

Old January 9th, 2015, 01:03 PM
i think that only existed in Pathfinder... but im not sure either.
mirtos is offline   #36
TobyFox2002

Old January 10th, 2015, 03:12 PM
I have encountered a runtime error, it seems to occur only when I try to add additional spell levels from a prestige class.

I've tried several different classes, and combinations and I get the same thing.

Finally, for some reason the updater was giving me Hero Labs 1.6e. I finally got it to give me 1.6a and it seems to be working.
Attached Images
File Type: png runtime error.png (18.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by TobyFox2002; January 11th, 2015 at 08:05 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #37
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I have encountered a runtime error, it seems to occur only when I try to add additional spell levels from a prestige class.

I've tried several different classes, and combinations and I get the same thing.

Finally, for some reason the updater was giving me Hero Labs 1.6e. I finally got it to give me 1.6a and it seems to be working.
This looks like the same issue reported HERE and Colen has posted a fixed .exe to try. So try that out TobyFox and see if it fixes your issue also. Be good to let Colen know it works for d20 also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #38
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Found a couple of issues. I've noticed that the In-Play tab works differently, and now all the things I've created with just the checkbox to activate it also have a charge on the In-Play tab that says 0/0. It's way too much work for me to get rid of all of them, when they weren't there before. Before it would either put the check box or show the charges or both depending on the selection in the Special. Now it appears these have been combined into one option on the Specials? Is this the intended use?
Can you provide some examples or .user files that have this issue? I can't duplicate it and that is not how it was intended to work. In example add a Ring of Three wishes and you get "only" 3/uses to display on the In-Play tab.

Quote:
The other issue is unarmed attacks. It seems that the unarmed attack damage progression has been flubbed up. Medium creatures still get 1d3, but now the Large creatures are getting 1d6 rather than 1d4, and Huge creatures are getting 2d6 instead of 1d6. It appears to be doing a damage up for the size twice. I know there were some changes to unarmed strike, but this is a dozy I just happened to notice on a huge Giant and then went testing to see what was up.
You are correct. But I don't remember go anywhere near BaseWep component that I recall during the last update. So I don't know why this suddenly changed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #39
ShadowChemosh

Old January 11th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Am I crazy, or were we once able to 'equip' a natural weapon? I only ask because in the instances where you are wanting to use a primary natural weapon as a secondary attack, there doesn't seem to be way to determine attack bonus and damage for that attack.
I honestly don't know. I know they where not equip-able in Pathfinder but maybe they where in d20 so you can pick which was the Primary attack and which the 'secondary' attack? I don't recall doing anything in the area of weapons so not sure why this would suddenly change.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40
Closed Thread