Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mystara

Old April 8th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hi

I am considering buying Hero Lab and thought I'd give the demo a spin. I downloaded the D&Di data from the compendium (did I read somewhere that it was supposed to take 20-60 minutes?!) and most of it seems to be working.

However, none of the classes from Heroes of Shadow seem to be showing up in the classes list. This book has been out for a while, so my assumption is that it is supported and I've done something wrong.

Any thoughts?
Mystara is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Demo versions of software often do not allow full use. It is highly likely that you are not seeing Heroes of Shadow because you are using the demo version.
crowofpyke is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dreadstar

Old May 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
its not due to using a demo copy.
Dreadstar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying!

Unfortunately, we had some issues with some of the classes from the D&D Essentials books. As a result, there are some classes, including Shadow classes, that are not yet supported by the Downloader. We will be including support for these classes in a future version, but we don't yet have a target release date. We'll provide additional information as soon as we can.
John is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dreadstar

Old July 8th, 2012, 06:24 AM
is there any update when Heros of Shadow will be supported? Just purchased this and am disappointed that it is not fully supported.
Dreadstar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nysthul

Old July 17th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I too would like to know when this would be fixed. I've been having issues with the dnd insider tool doing weird things with updates to characters and messing up AC calculations or other things and just bought Hero Lab to recreate all the characters in my current campaign.

One of them happens to be a Vampire class from Heros of Shadow.

I'm pretty disappointed that this isn't showing up in Hero Lab.
nysthul is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flyingcircus

Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
They need to get the full rights from WoTC before 4E goes dead due to 5E!
flyingcircus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
WOTC(Hasbro) is having thier first ever key note address at Gen Con on thurs evening at 7 pm (of course I will be playing LFR at the time ) that will address the future for the game, if you go to the GenCon web site it has a link to listen in on what is happening. That is when you will know for sure what the future of 4E is. It would be nice but I do not see the release of any 4E material or sale of it until D&D Next is on the shelf and that does not seem to be any time soon.
I would hope that they offer up the conpendium and tool set(monster builder) as a software package, but they may keep them in the DDI for subscribers to use, hey they may even keep 4E alive for some time.
No one but a few knows what the future has coming.
SAbel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old November 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Is there any news on when or if the Heroes of Shadows classes will be entered into HL?
SAbel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:56 AM
This is still on our list of enhancements to make. Sorry to say that we do not yet have an ETA.
John is offline   #10 Reply With Quote