Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Closed Thread

Padius

Old April 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM
There seem to be some bugs to lizardmen...

As it is my friend that is playing the lizardmen i don't have the army book by my side right atm, but what i do know is

Slann mage-priest is costing 325 not 275 points
and when you choose a discipline with him its free even though when you look them up in the program it states that it costs 50.
Padius is offline   #71
Mr_Rose

Old April 30th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Which version of the files are you using?
I'm not seeing mage-priests costing the wrong amount.
Also, you need to read the army book to determine the proper costs of the disciplines; it's not as simple as 50pts each.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #72
Death_Jester

Old April 30th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Hi all and thanks for the great work!

Bugs: Beastmen Armybook

Ungor Herd - Halfhorn upgrade incorrectly listing BS4 and A1, should be BS3 and A2.

Ungor Raiders - Halfhorn upgrade incorrectly listing S4, should be S3.

V2.27 Updated right before I posted this so I wouldn't look a fool.
Death_Jester is offline   #73
Arijharn

Old April 30th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
Edit: I cannot replicate the multiple Warlock Augmented Weapons issue or the Weeping Blade issue. When I choose multiple chieftains/warlords and give them all a WAW I get the DUPLICATE MAGIC ITEM error. The same goes for Assassins and Weeping Blades, select more than one assassin and give them all weeping blades and I get the DUPLICATE MAGIC ITEM error. The Warlock Engineers and Death Runners are working correctly.
What version are you running? I am using AB 3.3b and data file version 2.27
Apologies, it seems to be reporting the duplicate magic item error for me as well... I could of sworn-- No, maybe I'm losing it :S (Same version as you btw)

Is there a way to just take out Doom Glaive as an actual magic item and just make it an innate ability (but with perhaps a note saying it is a magic item weapon, which means it would be affected by items/abilities that modify or cancel out magic weapons?)
Arijharn is offline   #74
Yobtar

Old April 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
Is there a way to just take out Doom Glaive as an actual magic item and just make it an innate ability (but with perhaps a note saying it is a magic item weapon, which means it would be affected by items/abilities that modify or cancel out magic weapons?)
NO as that would be cheating as the Doom Glaive is listed as a Magic Item in the Verminlord's bestiary listing.

Trust me I would love to do that as I play Skaven and have 3 Verminlords in my collection.
Yobtar is offline   #75
Arijharn

Old May 1st, 2011, 06:53 AM
It's not cheating, it's just circumventing the Army Builder's check, in which case it makes sense since you can't elect to not take the Vermin Lord's Doom Glaive. It's not circumventing the rules, it's circumventing the Army Builder, it's not the same thing at all.
Arijharn is offline   #76
Yobtar

Old May 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
It's not cheating, it's just circumventing the Army Builder's check, in which case it makes sense since you can't elect to not take the Vermin Lord's Doom Glaive. It's not circumventing the rules, it's circumventing the Army Builder, it's not the same thing at all.
I encourage you to read pg 500 of the BRB (big rule book). The section titled UNIQUE is what you need to read. It is cheating, the Army Builders check is based off the rules for the game system.
Yobtar is offline   #77
Arijharn

Old May 1st, 2011, 11:49 PM
How is it 'unique' when every Vermin Lord has it, and you are able to field multiple Vermin Lord's and you aren't able to not choose it? It's best described as an innate ability more than anything else.

It's listed as a magic item for purposes of things like a Khorne's Obsidian Armour that would disable it, but not because you can only have one because it's something you pay points for. It's not something you can choose to equip your character with therefore it isn't the same thing at all.

Last edited by Arijharn; May 1st, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
Arijharn is offline   #78
gkgnight

Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
How is it 'unique' when every Vermin Lord has it, and you are able to field multiple Vermin Lord's and you aren't able to not choose it? It's best described as an innate ability more than anything else.

It's listed as a magic item for purposes of things like a Khorne's Obsidian Armour that would disable it, but not because you can only have one because it's something you pay points for. It's not something you can choose to equip your character with therefore it isn't the same thing at all.
until it states specifically that it isn't unique then the rules still apply limiting you to only 1 due to the uniqueness of the item. I'd have to agree with Yobtar.
gkgnight is offline   #79
Grey Seer

Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Are you suggesting that if you have more than one Vermin Lord, only one of them has a Doom Glaive?
Grey Seer is offline   #80
Closed Thread