Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

A1uc3rd

Old October 29th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Simply put as the title suggests, How do I get the Heirloom Weapon Proficiency Trait to allow me to select the weapon I want to become proficient with? After telling hero lab that I wanted to use the trait it defaults to no selection and displays as red. When I try to use the drop down box provided it displays nothing to select! in the field. From there I am unsure how to fix this and register in the way I need it to allow me to select a Fauchard for my chosen weapon type. Anyone with advice on how to get this to work, simply put, thank you in advance.
A1uc3rd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 29th, 2018, 10:57 PM
You have to add the MW weapon to your character and then you will be allowed to select it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
A1uc3rd

Old October 29th, 2018, 11:14 PM
In the description of the trait, it says a non-masterwork. Am I to believe that I need a masterwork weapon instead? Alternatively when adding the masterwork weapon as I have just done the drop down box does not change from "nothing to select".

Last edited by A1uc3rd; October 29th, 2018 at 11:17 PM.
A1uc3rd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 29th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1uc3rd View Post
In the description of the trait, it says a non-masterwork. Am I to believe that I need a masterwork weapon instead? Alternatively when adding the masterwork weapon as I have just done the drop down box does not change from "nothing to select".
Sorry forgot that trait was nerfed to non-MW weapons. So add a non-MW weapon to your character and then you can select it in the Trait.

The trait is only allowing you to be proficient in a single specific weapon. So if in example you have a wizard with 5 longswords you are only proficient in one of them. That is why you have to add the weapon first and then you can select it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
A1uc3rd

Old October 30th, 2018, 12:08 AM
While I know this does not fix the issue and I have tried what you state. It did not work for me in the way you describe. The situation at hand has reminded me as a whole I will still not become proficient with a magical Fauchard and will require the feat since it is an exotic weapon. So what I will have to do per rules is retrain into the feat at a later time.

ShadowChemosh thank you for your time and for the help you have tried to assist me with. While I know that the issue for me was not fixed in a way that I can understand at this time. It has made me reevaluate the trait itself and it's usefulness for mid to late game.

On another item perhaps you could assist me with an implementation of Elephant in the Room rules for hero lab. My new DM has told us that these are what we will be using. Found it, Sorry for interrupting your day.

Last edited by A1uc3rd; October 30th, 2018 at 01:25 AM.
A1uc3rd is offline   #5 Reply With Quote