Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Redcap's Corner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 149

Old February 24th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Oh, this is going to make my life so much easier!! Thank you everyone involved!

Is there a more specific ETA for this release yet? I'm supposed to be playtesting a custom class focused around polymorphing on Saturday that I had been tearing my eyes out trying to program into Hero Lab. I'm hoping this is out in time for me to adapt it for the class in question!

Either way, thank you!!
Redcap's Corner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,791

Old February 24th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcap's Corner View Post
Oh, this is going to make my life so much easier!! Thank you everyone involved!

Is there a more specific ETA for this release yet? I'm supposed to be playtesting a custom class focused around polymorphing on Saturday that I had been tearing my eyes out trying to program into Hero Lab. I'm hoping this is out in time for me to adapt it for the class in question!

Either way, thank you!!
Sometime this week.
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
xyourmomx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3

Old February 26th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Any reason only the Level 1 stuff is showing up for Wild Shape?

I can't choose Huge elementals or anything. I'm a level 12. Only small is available.
xyourmomx is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 642

Old April 2nd, 2017, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
All the "new form" racial abilities are shadowed from the gizmo to the hero.The ones that are not allowed get disabled and hidden in the first pass. A second pass happens if the ability or adjustment is not active and disables/hides even the ones which are allowed. If there is a polymorph effect active then a helper on the hero goes through racial and class abilities that aren't part of the "new form" and disables them based on whether the user checks the box for an ability to be active when polymorphed.
Pardon the thread necromancy, but how did you go about doing this part? I'm building something similar for Spheres of Power, and I'm having a devil of a time figuring out a clean way to disable the shadowed racial abilities when the polymorph effect isn't activated.

The best solution I've come up with thus far is this procedure run at First/5000 on the picks that bootstrap racial abilities:

Code:
	  ~ Run only if we are on an inactive Shapeshift
	  doneif (container.ishero = 1)
	  doneif (parent.tagis[component.SoPShapesh] = 0)
	  doneif (parent.field[abilActive].value = 1)
	  
	  foreach bootstrap in this
	    perform hero.findchild[Ability, "thingid." & eachthing.idstring & " & Helper.Shadow"].setfocus
		if (state.isfocus = 1) then
		  perform focus.assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
		  perform focus.delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
		endif
		perform state.clearfocus
	  nexteach
This KINDA works, but it feels clunky to me, and it also doesn't handle overlapping abilities well.
TheIronGolem is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,791

Old April 3rd, 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Pardon the thread necromancy, but how did you go about doing this part? I'm building something similar for Spheres of Power, and I'm having a devil of a time figuring out a clean way to disable the shadowed racial abilities when the polymorph effect isn't activated.

The best solution I've come up with thus far is this procedure run at First/5000 on the picks that bootstrap racial abilities:

Code:
	  ~ Run only if we are on an inactive Shapeshift
	  doneif (container.ishero = 1)
	  doneif (parent.tagis[component.SoPShapesh] = 0)
	  doneif (parent.field[abilActive].value = 1)
	  
	  foreach bootstrap in this
	    perform hero.findchild[Ability, "thingid." & eachthing.idstring & " & Helper.Shadow"].setfocus
		if (state.isfocus = 1) then
		  perform focus.assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
		  perform focus.delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
		endif
		perform state.clearfocus
	  nexteach
This KINDA works, but it feels clunky to me, and it also doesn't handle overlapping abilities well.
Look at PolyTagAlw/PolyTagFrb procedures
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 642

Old April 7th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Awesome, helpful stuff there.

How do I exempt an ability from being lost when the Hero.Polymorph tag is present? Unless I'm missing something, that seems to happen outside of the PolyXXX procedures. I thought maybe tagging the ability with Helper.AllwFormAb would do it, but apparently not.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; April 8th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Andover, Ma
Posts: 618

Old April 7th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Out of curiosity, how is the assigning of ability scores handled with this? Will there be any tags to "override" the normal ability score changes gained though size change?

Or is that something that would need to be done externally? For example, in the games that I run, I use the old style rules for shape change. Each creature has unique ability score changes. I understand that isn't something that Hero Labs can officially support. Was just wondering if there is an easy way to override that in the new system. I know there is none in the old.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 71

Old April 9th, 2017, 06:22 AM
I have a quick question on this new feature. Do you have to turn it on somewhere. I have a 7th level druid with Wild Shape. When I click on one of its uses I do not see the polymorph window.

This would definitely simplify things when the druid goes into that mode if the polymorph window came up and the shape could be chosen.

Thank you for your help.
Sturmrider is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 642

Old April 9th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmrider View Post
I have a quick question on this new feature. Do you have to turn it on somewhere. I have a 7th level druid with Wild Shape. When I click on one of its uses I do not see the polymorph window.

This would definitely simplify things when the druid goes into that mode if the polymorph window came up and the shape could be chosen.

Thank you for your help.
A Druid with Wild Shape can access the polymorph tool from the Druid tab (you'll need to click the "Special Abilities" button first), or in the Activated Abilities section of the In-Play tab. Click on the hammer-and-wrench icon to bring up the tool. Bear in mind that this is an old thread that I replied to recently asking for advice with my own project.
TheIronGolem is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 71

Old April 9th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Thank you very much I don't know if I would have ever found it.
Sturmrider is offline   #20 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.