Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

xkaliburr

Old February 25th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Hello,

I am looking to build the Mystic Ranger variant class, the Beastmaster Prestige class, and the Pious Templar class. Any tips you can give me for those?
xkaliburr is offline   #321 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 26th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaliburr View Post
Hello,

I am looking to build the Mystic Ranger variant class, the Beastmaster Prestige class, and the Pious Templar class. Any tips you can give me for those?
I don't know anything about the Mystic Ranger variant class. The Beastmaster cannot be fully implemented at this time because HL does not allow for multiple animal companions. Pious Templar will be available in the next release of the community set.

Beyond that, my suggestion would be to look at other things that have already been done. If you run into a specific issue, feel free to ask. Unfortunately, general questions like this are difficult to answer.
Sendric is offline   #322 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Sendric,

You've got more mail from me, Eberron Campaign Setting special Materials, Weapons and Armor. I'm looking at the Eberron data and it appears we're missing most of the feats from the campaign setting. I can add them but it may take time to get the scripting of the effects done.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #323 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Sendric,

You've got more mail from me, Eberron Campaign Setting special Materials, Weapons and Armor. I'm looking at the Eberron data and it appears we're missing most of the feats from the campaign setting. I can add them but it may take time to get the scripting of the effects done.
Yea. The Eberron content is pretty underwhelming at the moment. Unfortunately, there's only so much time in a day, and its just not high on my priority list. I'm grateful for anything you can provide.
Sendric is offline   #324 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yea. The Eberron content is pretty underwhelming at the moment. Unfortunately, there's only so much time in a day, and its just not high on my priority list. I'm grateful for anything you can provide.
I run this campaign enough that adding content is rather necessary for me simply to have it. So you'll be getting the benefit from me of having this data for the community. I have to say some of the harder stuff was already done such as adding the Artificer class. I'm not exactly fast when it comes to adding Prestige classes though, unless one of my players brings one to my attention and says they want to use one I usually code those as the last thing in a book because of how time consuming they are to add. I'd rather have the majority of the small stuff that needs to be in there done (like feats) because my players tend to use those, and I will often use them to flesh out characters as well when building NPCs. I noticed no one was really doing Eberron so I figured I'd just start adding the data. I just wish these d20 files were not so out of date.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #325 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Quote:
I don't know anything about the Mystic Ranger variant class. The Beastmaster cannot be fully implemented at this time because HL does not allow for multiple animal companions. Pious Templar will be available in the next release of the community set.

Beyond that, my suggestion would be to look at other things that have already been done. If you run into a specific issue, feel free to ask. Unfortunately, general questions like this are difficult to answer.
Thank you for the notes. I will focus on the Mystic Ranger.

It's from a Dragon Magazine, however it completely reshapes the ranger. It loses it's fifth favored enemy, Slower progression on favored enemy and Combat Style, and has no animal companion. It does however gain massive spell casting upgrades.

When I do a variant class, I cannot seem to get the items to change progression. Also, my spellcasting changes do not take effect. So I think with the overhaul, it might be better to just make it its own class.

When I try it as its own class, The bonus feats for the class do not add, and the favored enemy never show up. The Spells work fine though.

So, I guess I am stuck at a design point in deciding which path to take. Any suggestions on which one and also how to fix the problems?
xkaliburr is offline   #326 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 26th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Quote:
When I do a variant class, I cannot seem to get the items to change progression. Also, my spellcasting changes do not take effect. So I think with the overhaul, it might be better to just make it its own class.

When I try it as its own class, The bonus feats for the class do not add, and the favored enemy never show up. The Spells work fine though.
Yea, getting favored enemies to work with a new class is a major pain in the behind. I recommend sticking with the variant class method.

You'll need to use a script to play around with the field feTotal from cFavEnemy. I've done some work in this area, but its been a while. I don't remember the timing you'll need to use, but you should be able to set up some kind of if statement to address this. If you get stuck, I may be able to take a crack at it in the next few days.

What are the changes to the spellcasting and how are you trying to implement them?
Sendric is offline   #327 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Yea, getting favored enemies to work with a new class is a major pain in the behind. I recommend sticking with the variant class method.

You'll need to use a script to play around with the field feTotal from cFavEnemy. I've done some work in this area, but its been a while. I don't remember the timing you'll need to use, but you should be able to set up some kind of if statement to address this. If you get stuck, I may be able to take a crack at it in the next few days.

What are the changes to the spellcasting and how are you trying to implement them?
Basically, the ranger gets some level 0 and level 5 spells, and gets a brand new spell progression starting at level 1. I was able to add the new spells in, but it will not let the character have the new spell levels.
xkaliburr is offline   #328 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Basically, the ranger gets some level 0 and level 5 spells, and gets a brand new spell progression starting at level 1. I was able to add the new spells in, but it will not let the character have the new spell levels.
You'll have to modify the spells cast per level table on the variant class you made to change the actual spellcasting table. That should fix it. I believe this can also be accomplished with scripts as well.

RavenX is offline   #329 Reply With Quote
jnelson

Old February 26th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Help out in what way? Do you want to create it yourself and need tips? Do you want to add it as a request for the community set? If so, what source is it from?
I have no idea how to create content, i'd love to be able to so if you could direct me to some sort of assistance program then i'd definitely look into it, but at the moment if someone could create it for me please then the prestige class comes from "Sword and Fist"
jnelson is offline   #330 Reply With Quote