Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old June 4th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Sadly we are unlikely to hear anything since LWD is now in "Con mode" attending the various conventions and selling "digital snake oil".

Hopefully they can find the time to make good on the ever increasing pile of incomplete promises and "soons".....

It is sad that the most effort on one of those promises, exporting, came not from LWD, but the frustrated efforts of the community to make a work around... granted a good one, but that's kinda the wagon in front of the horse process.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; June 4th, 2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old June 4th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Sadly, "Con mode" for LWD is completely indistinguishable from "non-Con mode" when it comes to communication.
alientude is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2018, 04:20 PM
I was at Paizo Con and attended a variety of meetings while there. We did not make any announcements for Realm Works as there were none to make and any seminars we might have held would have been old news. As unfortunate as that was, the good news is the meetings were productive and I was assured our API issue would be fixed this month! I have hope that we can trust in that and with any luck have the Content Market out before Gen Con.

While we did not market Realm Works overly much at the show beyond the normal demos, we did use the opportunity to try out our new video camera and should have some videos up in the near future of the Hero Lab Online Seminar.

Now that many of the new people from the last six months are finally starting to settle in and things are becoming more routine, we hope to be getting back on track with regular updates and moving forward with previous plans. This should also see the return of our Newsletter since we will actually have news to share.

For those of you who have shown incredible patience through all of our reorganization and trials with technical difficulties. Thank you. Hopefully, it will all be worth it.

Last edited by BJ; June 4th, 2018 at 04:40 PM.
BJ is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old June 4th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Forgive my lack of enthusiasm.

Stop thanking us for our patience. Stop telling us why you haven't done stuff.

Just do stuff.

The only thing that will redeem this now is

1) actually producing a significant leap forward in features

2) and then consistent, regular steps forward after that

3) all telegraphed with good communication.

None of which has happened over the course of how many *years*.

Anything less just seals the fate on this essentially dead product.
MaxSupernova is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old June 4th, 2018, 06:37 PM
I feel kinda sorry for BJ here - people have been asking and clamoring for an update, and then when it is given she is condemned for it.

For my part (and possibly because I am a mindless optimist) I appreciate the update. Though I maybe dont trust the whole end of the month think I do trust it is still in development and LWD are still working on it.
stuartwaring is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
1) actually producing a significant leap forward in features

2) and then consistent, regular steps forward after that

3) all telegraphed with good communication.
1. Not going to happen at the rate you want.
2. Probably also not going to happen at the rate you want.
3. This won't happen if people keep posting hate filled messages.

What probably will happen is:
1. Content market eventually (EOY hopefully)
2. Baby steps in features.
3. If CM is successful maybe another dev is hired and bigger features are added.
Toblakai is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Sounds like the work you have put in to turn this ship around may be starting to reap benefits. Really hope Paizo come through for you and looking forward to seeing what you have hidden behind the curtain of the CM.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
I haven't seen any hate, just frustration.

It's coming on 8 years of development, 5 1/2 years since the kickstarter. What kind of rate do you think is not acceptable to be frustrated with?

We're here in the forums, that means we care about something. The way to deal with your most enthusiastic customers' frustration is not to ignore it.

The complete lack of communication, and the complete lack of actual content when communication is delivered, has become a running joke here. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so exasperating.

Yet again, frustrated customers looking for some actual content are blamed for the unbelievably bad communication and feature delivery. Stockholm syndrome?

To Quote Tharmiones in early May:

Looks like recent complains are piling up.

So let me predict what will happen next:
There will be a statement from <enter random LWD employee here> that they currently do not have much news but we shall expect to see some <great/exciting/lengthy or similar or combination of these> in the next <days/weeks/until random date generated by the none existing customer Calendar>.

This will calm down the emotions and there will be thank you posts all over the place just because of this useless post. The announced timeframe/date will pass by with no information posted. Weeks will pass by and the complains will start to pile up again, starting this circle on square one again.

Did I miss something from how it went the last times?
MaxSupernova is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post

What probably will happen is:
1. Content market eventually (EOY hopefully)
2. Baby steps in features.
3. If CM is successful maybe another dev is hired and bigger features are added.
The reality is that before everything became about the CM we got new features and feature improvements on a fairly regular basis.

Some of the big things needed, like 64 bit, may take some significant time to get done but there should be a lot of QoL updates that can be done if they would just devote some developer time to them.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The reality is that before everything became about the CM we got new features and feature improvements on a fairly regular basis.

Some of the big things needed, like 64 bit, may take some significant time to get done but there should be a lot of QoL updates that can be done if they would just devote some developer time to them.
I posted this before, but I suspect they lost the developers on RW and are training up a new guy, this may be why there hasn't been any QOL updates, or maybe they are working on a 64 bit upgrade, that can take a while (done it a couple times on large code bases).

I suspect they won't release a major update until the CM is out though, I said hopefully by EOY, but if Paizo can deliver on a June fix, maybe by Gencon (yeah pipe dream, but...)
Toblakai is offline   #30 Reply With Quote