Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old April 16th, 2019, 05:54 AM
Thanks to help from Mergon, dungeonguru, daplunk, and Shadowchemosh, I've finished putting together a first pass at the player options in Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica.

How to get it
This is pre-release content. That means that you cant get it just by updating your 5e Community Pack through Hero Lab's interface. You need to go to the GitHub and grab the files. Everything will need to go in your 5e game data folder. You can find where this is through Hero Lab. Click: Tools > Explore Folders > Game System Data Folder.

The needed files
These are the ones you need to pull down or otherwise copy from the GitHub to get everything programmed for GGtR:
  • COM_5ePack_GGtR - Backgrounds and Factions.user
  • COM_5ePack_GGtR - Classes and Spell.user
  • COM_5ePack_GGtR - Races and Languages.user
  • COM_5ePack_VGtM - Races.user
  • COM_5ePack_XGTE - Spells.user
  • COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st

Method 1: Download it all
Go here and click the green "Clone or download" button. Then click "Download ZIP". Extract the everything into your game data folder. You'll get warnings to overwrite stuff. You don't necessarily need to overwrite everything, just the above files.

Method 2: Copy just the files
Click on each of the five files in the GitHub, then open the same file on your computer in Notepad. If the file doesn't exist on your PC yet (like the three files with GGtR in the name), you'll need to make them first. Copy the full text from the GitHub version and replace the entirety of the file on your computer. Save that file.

Finishing up
Either method you do this, you'll need to reload Hero Lab. Save and quit, or hit ctrl+r. To see these options on a character, use the Configure Hero menu and check the box for Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica.

What's included
  • Order Domain Clerics
  • Circle of Spores Druids
  • The Centaur, Goblin, Minotaur, Loxodon, Vedalken, and Simic Hybrid races
  • Encode Thoughts and Chaos Bolt spells
  • 10 Backgrounds, representing the 10 guilds, with all background features (and factions to track your renown with them)

What's Left
I'd love to say I will get on all these right away. But the truth is, I won't. We have to catch up on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes first. By the time that's done, Ghosts of Saltmarsh and Acquisitions, Inc. will be released, with plenty of work to do on each. If you're interested in helping with anything, let me know.
  • Bug fixes; the same animal enhancement can be chosen twice and Tireless Precision doesn't work perfectly
  • Monsters
  • NPCs
  • Magic Items

I found a bug/mistake/problem!
Great! This is prerelease material, so the more we find, the better. Tell us as much as you can by logging an issue at the GitHub. We'll see what we can do.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; June 5th, 2019 at 06:11 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 16th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Well done!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old April 17th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Well done, Fenris.
Enforcer84 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 19th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Finally updated this to what you already posted. Looking good.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 19th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Thank you for doing this for the community!

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old April 23rd, 2019, 05:42 PM
this is great Fenris. Thank you!
Enforcer84 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old June 24th, 2019, 08:30 AM
I have interest I saltmarsh as I have a game inn group that we plan to start that campaign in the next month. What would the easiest way be for me to get the additional character functionality, like backgrounds etc, added in for Use? If I took the Ravnica files above and modified those for the saltmarsh, would that be a good base to use and be helpful to the community?

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 24th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Taking existing files and modifying them is definitely not recommended, since the moment we release a new version of the Community Pack, your custom versions will be overwritten.

Mergon has done some early work on Saltmarsh already, here, here, and here. If you grab those files and put them into your HL data folder for 5e, they'll get you part of the way.

We haven't tackled how to handle the existing backgrounds that get Saltmarsh-specific elements yet. It's complicated, but the solutions would to either create an adjustment that says "this character is using the Saltmarsh background variants, change background X to that", OR to create new copies of the backgrounds and include the Saltmarsh info.

If you do play around with it and come up with something, feel free to share! We'd definitely want to include it in the pack.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old June 24th, 2019, 09:45 AM
sounds good. To clarify the statement of using existing files. I would have renamed them to not interfere with the Ravnica. just use them as a basis to understand the files since honestly I have done 0 work in HeroLab at this point. or what I did do was like forever ago.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 24th, 2019, 10:36 AM
Ah I understand. Yeah, you can certainly poke around in the Ravnica files all you want. The backgrounds got pretty complicated, moreso than the backgrounds for Saltmarsh would be. But the basic structure is the same.

You have a background Thing that is the selectable item. This includes proficiencies and the like, that are all added within that Thing. Then you have flaws, bonds, etc. that exist as separate Things, but are each assigned to their respective background. Same for background features. A few others have extra abilities, that are programmed as their own Things. Then within the original background Thing, you bootstrap the ability Thing.

That's the super simplistic way to describe it, but that's the gist of it.

Fenris447 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote