Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

alexmann

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hi all,

I'm helping out with some authoring on an ArmyBuilder Data file, and have come across a small issue that I've seen on some 40K files too.

The problem is this;

I have some cruisers with a squadron size of 2-3
I have heavy cruisers with the same squadron size
I can have a mixed squadron with the same overall limits (i.e. can be 1 regular and 1 heavy; 2 regular and 1 heavy or 2 heavy and one regular).

At the moment I've created a null "Cruiser" squadron which you can add individual cruisers or heavy cruisers to with an exclusion limit (they are not selectable outside of this and their unit range is defined as 1 to 1), but this is inelegant and results in up to three profiles being displayed under the null parent, even for a squadron of the same ships.

I've tried managing this with unit ranges of 1-3 on both, an exclusion group of 2-3 on the cruisers, and with the same exclusion group on the option in the regular cruiser that adds heavy cruisers (also with the same exclusion group). This doesn't work at all, and I'm not sure why!

I'm sure this must have crept up before, but haven't seen it solved in any of the files for the gaming systems I'm used to - for instance a similar thing happens with Tau battlesuits in 40K - here you can add in suits, but then its possible to extend their number as each suit has its own unit range too, meaning you can add many more suits than you should be able to. Although this is flagged in the validation it's not what I want to achieve here, and feel it must be simple to do - basically have a cruiser squadron you can increase/decrease size on with + & -, and add a heavy cruiser option, the number increasing/decreasing with the embedded + / - on it, dependent on the size of the cruiser squad.

Any help from wiser, more experienced coders out there, please?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
alexmann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
If using the null unit you could use an option with a range of 0 - 3, eval script then increases the unit size, leave the unit size as 1 - 1 as the script on the eval controls the size through child[unit:xxx].count = this.selection

There is also a way of doing what you want but it can be a bit difficult with ending up unit size zero, would need a bit more info on how the game unit is set up though to try and offer some more advice
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
alexmann

Old May 21st, 2012, 02:35 AM
Sure, what info do you need?
alexmann is offline   #3 Reply With Quote