Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

bodaster

Old November 25th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Maybe this was asked earlier: will the software become available via Steam anytime in the future?

THanks!
bodaster is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodaster

Old December 4th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Any response to this?
bodaster is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ashran

Old December 4th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I didn't see it asked before, but I wonder what would be the point for such a software to be available on steam. I can understand for multi player games (or even single player). I don't think Realms Work would benefit from steam, appart maybe for a large exposure.
Ashran is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JackOfAllGames

Old December 4th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashran View Post
I didn't see it asked before, but I wonder what would be the point for such a software to be available on steam. I can understand for multi player games (or even single player). I don't think Realms Work would benefit from steam, appart maybe for a large exposure.
As a fan of Steam and owner of many machines, one major benefit would be Steam DRM (assuming here that DRM will exist, in some form, no matter what). Steam enforces one-instance-at-a-time so the users can install on multiple machines without licensing/activation issues. As someone with quite a few machines...some of which break occasionally...*cough*...I really appreciate such solutions that don't make me worry about what's activated where and whether I'll get locked out of my purchased software.

For Lone Wolf...I don't know whether there's much benefit aside from exposure (since they would, doubtless, have DRM already in place). I imagine that a program like this would have quite a few complications moving to Steam unless it was built with Steam in mind from the start. I doubt that Lone Wolf would see enough benefit from Steam to make it worth the extra work and giving up a share of the profit. =/

Last edited by JackOfAllGames; December 4th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
JackOfAllGames is offline   #4 Reply With Quote