Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Micco

Old August 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Not to rush (well, that's not precisely true, but trying to be respectful in my eagerness), but do you guys have an eta for an update?

I'm trying to sell the other GM in my group to using HL, but I don't want to get him started with HL until the updated PF dataset is out (he has a first-impressions problem, frankly.)

Just trying to set my expectations. Are we talking hours, days, weeks or months?

Last edited by Micco; August 19th, 2009 at 03:08 PM.
Micco is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Cthulhu4Pres

Old August 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM
It has been mentioned on the paizo messageboard (by somebody here at lone wolf) that they are hoping to have an update out next week.
Cthulhu4Pres is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Yep. We are pushing hard to have a release out by the end of next week that includes anything that's missing (e.g. the Editor) and fixes all reported bugs. I'm sure there will still be something that slips through, but we should be at the 99.X% stage by then. :-)
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Tarec

Old August 19th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Since this thread has kinda become a bug report thread, I would like to note that paladins now use they're charisma for spell casting rather than they're wisdom, heavy armor also seems off, dunno if you guys got to equipment. (Only using the demo version until I fix my key problems dunno if that matters) Otherwise A+ job on the product from what I've seen, and the fact that the Dev team and such actually visit this forum gives you guys a double thumbs up.

Last edited by Tarec; August 19th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
Tarec is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old August 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I do want to chime in here and say I am still saying "oh! Awesome!" while playing around with the program. Thanks again!

Found a very small bug in my travels - figured this would be the place to mention it:
Gnomish racial ability "Obsessive" is not updating the Craft:Other or Profession:Other with typed selection. It's showing the typed text in the Skills readout to the right, and on the Skills tab (of course), but the drop-down box for choosing what obsessive is linked to will just show "Craft/Profession:Other" for however many you added.

That being said, it does recognize which is which and adds it correctly to whichever it is linked to.
djc664 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
CLBeilby

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Rob, if possible, could we get, in the rules options, a checkbox to enable Pathfinder Society, which would add the following?

- A pulldown menu to select one of the five Pathfinder Society factions that displays on the front of the printed sheet along with Name, Race, Class, et al, as well as a field to put the player's Pathfinder Society membership number

- Enabling of a third free trait, which must be chosen from a list specific to the selected
faction

- Automatic calculation of additional hit points equal to one half of the class hit die plus one?

- Disabling selection of all evil alignments

For those of us who use HeroLab for Pathfinder Society, these would help us quite a bit.

Last edited by CLBeilby; August 20th, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
CLBeilby is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Pathfinder Society support is already on our to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Nalkur

Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Nicely done people. I have been a longtime user of RPGXplorer but there is no sign of them support the Pathfinder RPG yet, so across I come to Hero Lab. Can you give me an indication of how much the Pathfinder RPG Dataset costs?
Nalkur is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:00 AM
The cost is just the cost for the HL product. When you install it, just select the Pathfinder module to be your default module. You can then purchase extra modules if you like, for instance I have the D&D 3.5 as my default module but also have the Pathfinder module as well. For the specific costs you can refer to the website.

Hope this helps.
chiefweasel is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
I'm sure you're probably aware of this already, but I thought I'd throw it out there:

I don't see any way to add a Ranger's Animal Companion. The ability is listed on the Ranger tab, but I was not able to figure out how to stat-up the companion as I could in the d20 dataset. I haven't had a chance to test this with Druids yet, so I don't know if the same issue occurs for them as well.

Thanks!

PS - I just want to say that you guys have done a fantastic job getting such a big project out the door so quickly. Great work, and I look forward to downloading some updates before too long
The way animal companions (and Paladin Mounts) are defined in the Pathfinder RPG is very different from the way they are defined in the SRD, so we can't just bring over all the old information. It's going to take a while to add the new way of handling animal comanions (I'm not sure exactly how long). Until then, Rangers, Druids and Paladins mention that they have animal companions but can't add the actual companion.
Mathias is offline   #30 Reply With Quote