Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

skald1

Old April 1st, 2014, 07:09 AM
Thanks for posting this!

I'm not certain what I've changed, but some time ago my updates stopped appearing when Hero Lab starts, it's simply no longer listed. I have performed updates to the XML and .hl export files as time went by but still, not sure where I've been going wrong.

Anyone have a checklist I can go through?

This is an example of today's updates.xml:

Code:
<document signature="Lone Wolf Updates" version="1">
	<update name="Evindale" date="2014/4/1:1103" size="34013" description="New gods, languages and more for Evindale 2.5" uniqueid="0" filetype="3" download="http://www.evindalerpg.com/herolab/pathfinder/WorldOfEvindale.hl" website="" companyurl="www.evindalerpg.com" priority="99" major="3" minor="0" patch="" folder="pathfinder" special="Evindale" dynamic=""/>
</document>
While this is for Pathfinder, I can't image it would be any different aside from the path in the HL export.

Last edited by skald1; April 1st, 2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Game system acknowledgement
skald1 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 1st, 2014, 07:47 AM
It looks like you updated the date, fine (I sometimes forget that, which will cause problems) and the other question is if the Major and Minor revision levels are incremented beyond the last update you tried to do. Of course you may also want to double-check that the location to this updates.xml file is correct in your (and your player's) HeroLab file, too. If all of those are correct then I'm not too sure what it might be.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
skald1

Old April 1st, 2014, 07:54 AM
Heya Lenny, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've no clue. The URL to the updates.xml is spot on. Once copied in to the "Add Source" field, I copy it again, paste into a browser and blammo, there it is. So it's being served properly.

I wrote Tech Support just now. If I receive a response that works, I'll post it here.
skald1 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old June 18th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Skald1, did you ever get this sorted with tech support? I am looking to start maintaining files for my group, and want to be aware of any potential hiccups as I get started.
Fuzzy is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
skald1

Old June 18th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Yes! And thanks for the reminder to post the solution here.

The date must contain YYYY/MM/DD, not single characters in the case of months or days 1-9.

E.g.:

Quote:
date="2014/4/1:1103"
Will not work.

Quote:
date="2014/04/01:1103"
The above will work.
skald1 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old June 18th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Gotcha. thank you.
Fuzzy is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 18th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks for finding that! I never even though to look but I'm exceptionally used to always using 2 digits in dates like that. I'll update the original post to point it out, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 13th, 2017, 09:28 AM
I made an update to my own content on December 30 or 31. It worked fine with the update. When I made another on January 11, it no longer works.

Dropbox has changed their urls.

Inside the update, I think that what we want for the .hl file is dl.dropboxusercontent.com

However, the link within Hero Lab's updater is unclear. I cannot get it to actually see anything. I can try a link and I can find it just fine in my browser -- it goes right to it and opens up.

Has anyone figured this out?

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2017, 09:53 AM
For direct download of a file it's still working for me if you just replace the www portion to dl (www.dropbox.com to dl.dropbox.com) as a direct link. For example https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk5wli4qld...DLNoir.hl?dl=0 works fine if I change it to https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xk5wli4qldb7ey1/DLNoir.hl?dl=0. I've yet to test that for certain as an download= link yet, but theoretically if you go to that link and it just downloads the file without taking you to an interim page you should be good.

EDIT: Oh, and that end part after the .hl on the linkes (the one showing ?dl=0) probably can be removed from the link without any issue.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; January 13th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
zarlor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old January 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM
So the above works for you? I wonder why it will not work for me.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #20 Reply With Quote