Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Save-vs-DM

Old September 27th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Looked again, couldn't find anything on this (though I swear I found it on a search once). Anyway, continuing to tweak for my house rules. I have one more thing I need help with.

In our games, obtaining a new power costs the same as increasing a lesser skill (on advances) and only costs 1 hindrance point at character creation. The New Power edge technically exists, but is usually ignored.

I think I've figured out how to do the reward part at character creation, but I can't figure out how to do the level up version. Can I get some help, please?! Thanks so much!
Save-vs-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 27th, 2015, 04:28 PM
It sounds to me that you just want the new power edge to cost half as much. Make a copy of the normal one. Then make its "Advancement Slots" on the bottom right be equal to 0.5. Then preclude the original new power edge, which is edgNewPwr.

Now you can select the New Power edge and it only costs 1. This way you can get it at character creation and later on as advancements.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Save-vs-DM

Old September 28th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
It sounds to me that you just want the new power edge to cost half as much. Make a copy of the normal one. Then make its "Advancement Slots" on the bottom right be equal to 0.5. Then preclude the original new power edge, which is edgNewPwr.

Now you can select the New Power edge and it only costs 1. This way you can get it at character creation and later on as advancements.
Excellent! Works a treat. Thanks so much for the help! That's exactly what I wanted to do.
Save-vs-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote