Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

sak0232

Old August 8th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
I have a Ranged Damage 3 Strength based (Str 2) power. I am unable to buy the range up to 5.
I had the same problem with Str-based Multiattack and Burst Area extras. I looked how you did it for the Speedster archetype. Is there a more intuitive way to offer these options?
sak0232 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
sak0232

Old August 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I guess these are not really bugs, but wishes...
When I print out my gaming group's statblocks, I'd like to see two things:
1. Some text for the complications. Right now it only seems to print the main theme, like HATRED. I'd like to be able to have a quick reference to award hero points.
2. For the powers, can they be printed in bold or italics, and the modifiers in normal font? It's hard to distinguish between them when I'm using the statblock during play.

Thanks!
Steve-0
sak0232 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Tickkid

Old August 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I've got a Multiple Effect power. I've added Imunity to the power and have added Environmental Condition to it - however the words take up so much space in the box that is there that I can't actually type in what the conditin is. I've found that to also be the case in the Senses power as well.
Tickkid is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Jason_Sunday

Old August 8th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or really a feature additon but... Currently there is no way to add an alternate effect on Strength Damage (See Superboy in Quickstart guide exept with Enhanced Trait (Strength). Enhanced Trait is a sustained power and you have to spend more points to make it like regular Strength. So if this could be add, it would be great.
Jason_Sunday is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Gothenem

Old August 8th, 2010, 01:19 PM
OK, when you have more than 1 picture for your hero, and your hero has a minion the hero's 2nd picture is placed in the minion's picture spot, NOT the minion's picture.

For most powers with selections, the box to type is does not appear. For example: Communication Link (Choose Medium)

I don't know if its a bug, or if it's not in the rules, but there is no targeted area effect anymore (at least none that I could see). I wanted to make a speedster with a targeted area burst attack (punching all baddies within the radius), but could not get the option for attack rolls.

Also, I wanted to add a linked power in a multiple effect power, but could not. Could this feature be added.

I wanted a multiple effect power (Bio-Suit), and one of the attacks is a linked blast and weaken toughness. I could not do this directly, and I could not just use the linked extra because I needed to Alternate Power both.

Last edited by Gothenem; August 8th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
Gothenem is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
sak0232

Old August 8th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak0232 View Post
I guess these are not really bugs, but wishes...
When I print out my gaming group's statblocks, I'd like to see two things:
1. Some text for the complications. Right now it only seems to print the main theme, like HATRED. I'd like to be able to have a quick reference to award hero points.
2. For the powers, can they be printed in bold or italics, and the modifiers in normal font? It's hard to distinguish between them when I'm using the statblock during play.

Thanks!
Steve-0
Also, the statblocks do not output the initiative bonus. Am I missing something?
sak0232 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Gothenem

Old August 8th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Found another bug. On the Special page, it says Movement, Feats & Drawbacks.

This should be Movement, Advantages & Drawbacks.
Gothenem is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 8th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothenem View Post

I don't know if its a bug, or if it's not in the rules, but there is no targeted area effect anymore (at least none that I could see). I wanted to make a speedster with a targeted area burst attack (punching all baddies within the radius), but could not get the option for attack rolls.

Also, I wanted to add a linked power in a multiple effect power, but could not. Could this feature be added.

I wanted a multiple effect power (Bio-Suit), and one of the attacks is a linked blast and weaken toughness. I could not do this directly, and I could not just use the linked extra because I needed to Alternate Power both.
There is no longer the option in the rules for Targeted Area effect. You have to add Selective to it. My guess is this is part of the streamlining they did with combat to cut down on the number of rolls needing to be made.

As far as the linked power, I say make it it's own array outside the Multiple Effect Power, but linked by descriptors and theme, for now. Otherwise, yeah- hope that gets adjusted, too
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old August 9th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Shouldn't Close Combat skill have Grapple as an option? I thought I saw that Grapple was separate from Unarmed....

DCA HH p. 57
Quote:
Close Combat (Unarmed) is an option, meaning skill with unarmed strikes like punches and kicks. However, this bonus does not apply to other forms of unarmed combat maneuvers, including, but not limited to, grabbing or tripping.
TCArknight is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Gothenem

Old August 9th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 View Post
There is no longer the option in the rules for Targeted Area effect. You have to add Selective to it. My guess is this is part of the streamlining they did with combat to cut down on the number of rolls needing to be made.
Well, that's what it is in the rules anyways. Selective extra with the Check Required (attack roll) flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 View Post
As far as the linked power, I say make it it's own array outside the Multiple Effect Power, but linked by descriptors and theme, for now. Otherwise, yeah- hope that gets adjusted, too
That is what I have right now, I just wanted it so I could turn off the entire suit with one click instead of two.
Gothenem is offline   #30 Reply With Quote