Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2010, 02:32 PM
(A new bug reports thread for the 6/8/10 update)
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old June 9th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I am not sure if you consider this a bug, but it bugs me

Nunchaku can be made of wood or metal, but the custom weapons function shows the selection of a metal for construction as a warning, or not valid chioce. It is forceable, but it should be regularly selectable.
Golkiwu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TopCat

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:49 AM
It looks like one of the changes in the latest version was to list out staff powers in the tracked resources which is great, but...

A staff should only have 10 charges (not the 50 that they currently default to). IIRC 3.5 staves had 50 charges. Pathfinder reduced it to 10 but made the staves rechargeable.

I can create custom staves that override the standard ones so it's not an urgent fix but needs to be done at some point.
TopCat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ogexam

Old June 9th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Amulet of Mighty fists no applies its to hit and damage bonus to natural attacks.

Any plan to allow us to modify the amulet to give it flaming, frost, etc.

A Amulet of Mighty fists +3 could be: +0 to hit and damage but also flaming, frost, shock.
A +5 could be flaming, frost, shock, vicious, keen

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golkiwu View Post
I am not sure if you consider this a bug, but it bugs me

Nunchaku can be made of wood or metal, but the custom weapons function shows the selection of a metal for construction as a warning, or not valid chioce. It is forceable, but it should be regularly selectable.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
It looks like one of the changes in the latest version was to list out staff powers in the tracked resources which is great, but...

A staff should only have 10 charges (not the 50 that they currently default to). IIRC 3.5 staves had 50 charges. Pathfinder reduced it to 10 but made the staves rechargeable.

I can create custom staves that override the standard ones so it's not an urgent fix but needs to be done at some point.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogexam View Post
Any plan to allow us to modify the amulet to give it flaming, frost, etc.
Yes, I do intend to allow the amulet of mighty fists and bracers of armor to be constructed with customizable powers, but in the meantime, it should be easy to create the specific combination you need as a new item in the editor.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old June 10th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Is there something special I need to do to support a character with more than 20 levels? I added a level of Loremaster to a character that was already a 20th level Oracle. I went to the Loremaster tab and selected Oracle as the class I wanted to increase in caster level, and it threw the pop-up "Level too high to support psionics!" On the Oracle tab, it now showed that my character had no access to any spells of any level (and a validation error that the PC had excess spells known.)

Selecting/unselecting adjustments on the adjustments tab for this character threw the "Level too high to support psionics!" error. A lot. Sometimes it repeated it in the same popup, on 2 lines separated by a line of 3 dashes.

Also in Loremaster - choosing a Secret for this character showed that secrets the character should be qualified for still were grayed as if he didn't meet the pre-reqs. Character has an Int of 26 (6 of that is an enhancement bonus, 5 is from a tome/permanent adjustment, 1 is from aging/permanent adjustment) for bonus of +8. So the character's Loremaster level + Int mod is 9. Character is unable to choose Secrets requiring a score of 7 or higher.

Aging - I selected "Aging Effects: Middle Age" on the adjustments tab. My abilities were correctly calculated, but the increase in Int did not give an increase in skill points. Manually increasing the stats one at a time with permanent adjustments also correctly calculated stats, and also correctly increased skill points.
bittergeek is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
By adding a magic level to a class that was already 20th level, you took it to 21st level casting ability - Hero Lab isn't set up to support more than 20 levels of any one class, and that includes its casting ability. I'll add some better warnings to keep people from choosing a class that would cause errors like that.

If I remove the magic level from the Loremaster, so that there are no longer any run-time errors being reported, the list of secrets available for an INT 26 character looks correct. Try that - there may be something in the calculations that was aborted when the error was encountered, and that may be affecting other things.

I'll change the aging effects to grant their bonus in a way that it alters skill points - I keep forgetting that in Pathfinder, permanent INT bonuses do change skill points, unlike the SRD.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old June 10th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Regarding a caster level over 21 - ah, I thought I'd read in an earlier posting that you had already implemented, or planned to, the admittedly thin rules in the Pathfinder core book for characters above 20. I knew that you couldn't go beyond 20 in a single class, not that taking a prestige class might still blow it up. PF does have rules for adding spell capability above a caster level of 20, but it's all picking from a menu of options rather than the fixed progression of earlier levels.

Oh, well.

Thanks for the response.
bittergeek is offline   #10 Reply With Quote