Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

egg_green

Old September 6th, 2018, 05:58 AM
Currently the search box in the lists for items/spells/feats/whatever only search the titles of these entries. I really miss the desktop version's being able to search the entire text of the entry.

I find it to be very useful for character creation since it helps me find things that would be useful for my character. For example, if I'm looking for a feat for a healer, I could search for "heal" and see all of the feats that deal with healing in some way.

It's also very useful when I know that there's a certain spell or whatever that I want to take, but I can't remember the name of.

Thanks!
egg_green is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
LockeMurdock

Old January 14th, 2019, 10:30 AM
I 100% agree with this. It was one of Hero Lab Classic's most useful and attractive features. Knowing that I can't do that with the online version hurts my interest in it and my eagerness to recommend it. There are only a few books out and I already find myself grumbling about not being able to sort by them. For example, being able to see only the new weapons in the Starfinder Armory by putting "Starfinder Armor" in the list.

It's a massive perk to have and should really, really be added into the program.
LockeMurdock is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 14th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Hey all!

You'll be happy to know that we have plans on the roadmap to create more "Search/Sort/Filter" options to make this kind of function available for the full-text of a given option/feat/spell/etc.
Rone is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bartlebee

Old March 21st, 2021, 02:10 AM
Okay, this Post is more than two years old, but the function seems to still not be there.
You said its on the roadmap, but how long do we have to wait until it arrives?

To search in full text was one of the greatest features in classic, when thinking about what feat to take next. I recently switched to HLO not only for PF2, but for PF1 too. So this ist a thing, that makes this switch more one step back than forward.

To be honest, I don't think this ist too hard to implement, so I cant understand why it takes so long...
Bartlebee is offline   #4 Reply With Quote