Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Gorgash_Redfang

Old March 13th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Great work to all who help in updating these files, Thank you!!! I am only learning how to edit these files and any help is warmly accepted.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!
Gorgash_Redfang is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
theGimp

Old March 13th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hi Apollo,

The idea is you strap the Great Weapon to the Peggy and when it is inevitably killed you chuck down your lance and shield, grab the GW and get some payback! Any way, here are the links. The discussions were in the last month or so and search should turn them up.

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/

Thanks for your attention.
theGimp is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
emil_frojd

Old March 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
On the descritpion on some of the magic items it says Models on foot only and it isn't right.
Items that are affected:

Doomfire ring
Icon of Magnus
Laurels of Victory
Orb of Thunder
Ring of Volans
The Silver Horn
Van Horstman's Speculum

Also Greatswords can't get a magic Banner if the genreal is a General of the Empire. And they should be able to have it.

/Emil

Edit: Aded greatsword bug and spelling.
emil_frojd is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old March 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepack
Hi all,
Thank you all for the at last good explanation to replace the empire.dat-file! It worked out perfectly!

I'm not very used to work with forums, but I hope, this is the right place to ask for help.
I found some mistakes:

1. steamtank:
- The main cannon has 18'' range NOT 16''
- There is no steamtank malfunction-chart anymore. If you have a misfire on your first Artillery dice, the steamtank looses D3 Lifepoints and that's it (of course, the cannon doesn't fire this time, too)
- The steamtank is a "normal" rare selection. There is nothing in the empire book which says, that you just can use 1 Steamtank / 2000 Points
- An enemy unit whose base is in contact with the front side of the tank during the main cannon is firing, suffers D3 (NOT D6) Strength 2(NOT 3) hits with no saving throw (NOT -3 modification)
- the steam gun needs just 1 hullpoint NOT 2 hullpoints

2. hunters:
If I choose an unit of archers to be hunters (and I just take 1 for sure) the program sys, that I have a mistake in my roster, because I have too many units of hunters. I don't know how to correct this.
As far as I know, archers are a core unit. And that doesn't change if you upgrade them to hunters.
This error message appears only, if you want to have a unit aof hunters with a marksman in it. But there's no rule which says, that a unit of hunters cannot have a champion (marksman) in it.

3. greatswords
If Karl Franz or a general is the leader of your army, you have the opportunity to give a magic banner (max. 50 points) to one of your state troops.
Greatswords are (empire book) state troops, but there appears no check box to give them a magic banner. Only Core-units as e.g. the swordsmen have this opportunity.
But this is a very important rule, I guess.

I really would be happy, if someone here could show me a way to solve those problems.

Thanks!
Icepack
have managed to fix all the errors on here plus the other bugs in all the other links. with the exception on the huntsmen bug. if someone can help with this that would be great
apollo0681 is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old March 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo0681
have managed to fix all the errors on here plus the other bugs in all the other links. with the exception on the huntsmen bug. if someone can help with this that would be great
Tried to have a go at it but no reasult. My guess is the error's in these lines:

Under "emHunts":
<evaluate>var result as number
result = unit.assign[EmpStuff.Huntsmen]</evaluate>

Under "emMarksArc":
<link option="emHunts" nature="auto" mirror="emHunts" index="2"></link>

Under "Too many units of Huntsmen (max 1).":
<valid><![CDATA[if (tagcount[EmpStuff.Huntsmen] <= 1)

Why the champion has to 'mirror' the details of the original Huntsmen unit, I don't know. It is built way differently in the old file but then again there huntsmen are not an upgrade but a distinct unit. There's probably an easy fix but it may involve rewriting more than just a few lines.
GMTemplar is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
zoldar

Old March 18th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Hi all,

Great work all these fixes. I ran into one glitch the other day which I could not find in this post. If I have a general I can only give my statetroops the ordinary magic banners. Not specific empire banners like the griffon banner.

Thanks
zoldar is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old March 19th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldar
Hi all,

Great work all these fixes. I ran into one glitch the other day which I could not find in this post. If I have a general I can only give my statetroops the ordinary magic banners. Not specific empire banners like the griffon banner.

Thanks
state troops cant have the griffon banner only the battle standard can. there should be 4 banners (including the war banner)which appear when giving state troops a magic banner
apollo0681 is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
zoldar

Old March 19th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Strange, because in the 6th edition I thought this was possible and in the NEB it says "a magic banner". But I'm by no means a rule expert so I'll take your word for it.
zoldar is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old March 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoldar
Strange, because in the 6th edition I thought this was possible and in the NEB it says "a magic banner". But I'm by no means a rule expert so I'll take your word for it.
Only BSB can take magic banners worth more than 50 pts. Griffon banner now costs more than that.
GMTemplar is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
zoldar

Old March 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM
hmmm, true, missed that one ops:
zoldar is offline   #60 Reply With Quote