Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

coyote6

Old June 1st, 2015, 02:23 PM
The PF Unchained versions of the rogue and barbarian only deal with rogue talents and rage powers presented in the hardcover books, not any in the campaign setting or player companion lines. The hardcovers & the other books are under different teams at Paizo, and they don't cross streams very often, apparently, so they didn't even look at them; it's up to individual GMs to allow or disallow them.

But right now in Hero Lab, rogue talents that come from other books are completely unavailable to the unchained rogue, and the same for the barbarian.

For example, there's no good reason that I can see as to why the Sacred Sneak Attack rogue talent from Champions of Purity should be unavailable to an unchained rogue; but to do that in Hero Lab now, I'd have to break out the editor, and build my own version of that talent, and any other I wanted to allow as GM. That's a lot of talents, rage powers, and so forth.

Would it be possible to have a house rule in the Hero Settings, an adjustment, or some other kind of way to make non explicitly unchained talents/rage powers/options available to a character with an unchained class?
coyote6 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 1st, 2015, 02:49 PM
I think it wouldn't be that hard to open things up using the editor to make a mechanic that changes unchained rogue/barbarian to accept the core rulebook class' powers. That'd certainly be better than having to copy and alter every individual power. I'm unsure if we should do this in an official capacity, but I could probably help you make your own.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 1st, 2015, 03:05 PM
The community has already the "Pathfinder Unchained Pack" that gives Unchained abilities to other classes like Bloodrager. I have a new archetype I will be adding for the Unchained Rogue that will allow it to gain access to those other Rogue Talents.

Currently for things like the Unchained Ninja there is an option on the class that lets you pick which set of Talents to gain access too (CORE Only, Unchained Only, or Both). I can add this same logic to the Unchained Rogue.

Hmm I need good name for this though. The "Unchained Unchained" Rogue Archetype? LOL

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 1st, 2015, 03:12 PM
"Partially rechained rogue, but with all the free goodies you liked from the new version"
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
coyote6

Old June 2nd, 2015, 08:11 AM
The expanded unchained rogue?

I will keep an eye out for that archetype.

Thanks folks!
coyote6 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old June 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I think it wouldn't be that hard to open things up using the editor to make a mechanic that changes unchained rogue/barbarian to accept the core rulebook class' powers. That'd certainly be better than having to copy and alter every individual power. I'm unsure if we should do this in an official capacity, but I could probably help you make your own.
There are really a number of similar area, such as adding Stamina effects to Combat Feats from the non-Core supplements. I can also see third-party publishers wanting to to incorporate the same elements on an optional basis "if you're using the appropriate section of Pathfinder Unchained".

So, I would think some sort of official support along this line would be beneficial. It is too late to use conversation at PaizoCon for LoneWolf's folks to get the opinions of Paizo staffers on it, but perhaps GenCon?
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote6 View Post
The expanded unchained rogue?

I will keep an eye out for that archetype.

Thanks folks!
Oh that is actually not bad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote