Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

_Pax_

Old August 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hamish View Post
I've got a character with 5 gymnastics and 7 reaction, if I add a synthacardium 3 it still only has 12 for ranged full defense
That's not a bug; it's how the game actually works.

Synthacardium adds it's rating as bonus dice to Athletics Tests. Ranged Defense, full or otherwise, is not an Athletics Test. Not even when the skill used to calculate your die pool is an Athletics-group skill.
_Pax_ is offline   #91
Lu-tze

Old September 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Built a Vampire character with a 6 in Intuition, Hawk Eye and lvl 1 Perception.
My Perception rolls are defaulting at 5 even after deleting and re-adding the qualities...

Am I missing something?
Lu-tze is offline   #92
Lu-tze

Old September 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Perception skill roll is defaulting to 5 on a Vampire character with Intuition of 6, Hawk Eye and Perceptive lvl1
Lu-tze is offline   #93
crowofpyke

Old September 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
IMPROVED PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTE adept power

--If you choose BODY as the attribute you are improving, the amount of ENCUMBRANCE you can have on the ARMOR tab does not improve.
crowofpyke is offline   #94
_Pax_

Old September 1st, 2012, 04:44 PM
I can confirm CrowOfPyke's report; start a new profile, set the character to Adept, increase Body to 4 and Magic to 2+. Go to Magic tab, select Improved Physical Attribute, set it to 2.

Body is now 4/6.

Armor encumbrance still says "0/8".
_Pax_ is offline   #95
JmOz

Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Softweave is not calculating right. I can't even tell how it is calculating, I was told by one person it was applying to both sides. However my test (Conducted on Str 1, Body 2 with 6/4 armor) still was at -0. Like I said not sure how it is calculating this...
JmOz is offline   #96
_Pax_

Old September 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmOz View Post
Softweave is not calculating right. I can't even tell how it is calculating, I was told by one person it was applying to both sides. However my test (Conducted on Str 1, Body 2 with 6/4 armor) still was at -0. Like I said not sure how it is calculating this...
To expand on this: I started a new portfolio, set Body to 2 and Strength to 1.
Armor Vest (6/4) plain: encumbrance 6 of 4, -1 malus.
Armor Vest (6/4) with Softweave: Encumbrance 4 of 4, -0 malus.
An Armor Jacket (6/4) with Softweave worn by a Strength 1 character, should encumber it's wearer as if it were (5/3). With Body 4, that's still encumbered and shuld be a -1 malus.

Changing strength to 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 had no effect.

I then set strength to 4, and tried a different outfit:
Chain Shirt (2/7) plain: encumbrance 7 of 4, -2 malus.
Chain Shirt (2/7) with Softweave: encumbrance 5 of 4, -1 malus.
A Chain Shirt (2/7) worn by a Strength 4 character should encumber it's wearer as if it were 2/3. With body 4, that should be a -0 malus.

Clearly, HL is simply applying a 2-point easement to encumbrance, regardless of strength.

But wait, it gets worse!!

I took the same Body 2 portfolio, and added an "Industrious Jumpsuit" (6/6). Without Softweave, predictably, a -1 malus appeared because encumbrance was still 6 of 4.

Addint YNT softweave should not have changed this - it should reduce ONE rating for encumbrance purposes, but not both. However, in HL ... Encumbrance is lowered to 4 of 4, and the malus becomes -0.

So not only is HeroLab using a flat modifier, it's applying the reduction to both ratings. This is not how the rules describe Softweave. It's not even close.
_Pax_ is offline   #97
dusttraveller

Old September 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Currently, with 2.18 installed, using BP character creation, Negative Qualities are costing BP, and Positive Qualities are giving BP back. As this seems like a pretty noticable and crazy bug for no one to be commenting on it, I wanted to make sure that I'm not just doing something wrong here.

It seems to be affecting all Qualities, although I didn't check every single one.
dusttraveller is offline   #98
Almos

Old September 8th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Bug Fixes: "Under the Karma system, the Enemy quality was costing double what it should, and imposing an incorrect limit on the amount of karma spent."

Unfortunately this fix affected the Build Point system so that the Enemy quality now grants half of what it should.
Almos is offline   #99
Andrew

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Way of the Totem does not seem to be working properly. The subsidiary way (i.e. Way of the Warrior) does not seem to be reducing the cost of adept abilities . I confirmed this by switching way of the Totem for any other way of the ***** and then do get the cost reduction
Andrew is offline   #100
Closed Thread