Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Closed Thread

Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old February 1st, 2016, 09:05 AM
I'd consider trying to get a refund then and wait until there is a more complete product available.
Krimson is offline   #11
MrEdaniels

Old February 2nd, 2016, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
Jeff M, no offense but you are wildly incorrect with minimal work witht the editor i was able to ble to add the spells that were missing in the editor te same can be done with races, subraces, subclasses and feats.
That may be true, but, and I understand that Lone Wolf has to work with what they are allowed to work with, why would I pay money to have to enter all the data that's missing?
MrEdaniels is offline   #12
Aaron

Old February 2nd, 2016, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEdaniels View Post
That may be true, but, and I understand that Lone Wolf has to work with what they are allowed to work with, why would I pay money to have to enter all the data that's missing?
I think, with some patience, you may not have to do it yourself. There are already efforts to organize a set of fan made files, so you might want to keep an eye on that.
Aaron is offline   #13
Dervish

Old February 2nd, 2016, 06:18 AM
@mredaniels Why would i not spend 20 bucks to get content that allows me to customize gamer and improve my prep time experience. So what i have to do some data entry.... once the data is entered i never have to enter it again which will cut my encounter and NPC creation time down giving me more time to work on maps and campaign specific content
Dervish is offline   #14
bordercount

Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:33 AM
I was more interested in the tactical console and having all my players' stats at my fingertips - and the product I paid for does that. As far as the missing data: I added what I could without breaking anything, and what's still missing can wait until the community files are completed.
bordercount is offline   #15
dafrca

Old February 2nd, 2016, 08:56 PM
I am sorry to see so many folks didn't understand how limited the SRD would be.

I paid for my copy and I knew it would not contain 99% of what I wanted. So why did I buy it. I will share with you. I bought it for two reasons.

1) It gives me the core frame ready so that when fan made files are offered I will be able to do what I want

2) Because if Lone Wolf can show WotC how many copies they have sold, WotC can see the real potential value and maybe be more open to selling Lone Wolf the licenses for additional content. In other words it gives Lone Wolf leverage through proof of a ready to buy fan base.

So in my opinion, my $20 was well worth it. :-)
dafrca is offline   #16
Grimmric

Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrca View Post
I am sorry to see so many folks didn't understand how limited the SRD would be.

I paid for my copy and I knew it would not contain 99% of what I wanted. So why did I buy it. I will share with you. I bought it for two reasons.

1) It gives me the core frame ready so that when fan made files are offered I will be able to do what I want

2) Because if Lone Wolf can show WotC how many copies they have sold, WotC can see the real potential value and maybe be more open to selling Lone Wolf the licenses for additional content. In other words it gives Lone Wolf leverage through proof of a ready to buy fan base.

So in my opinion, my $20 was well worth it. :-)
I totally agreed with this.
And i was so lucky that my character is a Human Fighter thats going for Champion at level 3.
I only needed to add Soldier as a background.
Grimmric is offline   #17
Elindor

Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmric View Post
I totally agreed with this.
And i was so lucky that my character is a Human Fighter thats going for Champion at level 3.
I only needed to add Soldier as a background.
And as that can be done as a custom background in the character creator, I'd say you're set!

Only half way through implementing a Bladesinger...
Elindor is offline   #18
daplunk

Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:39 PM
Read your PMs Elindor
daplunk is offline   #19
pfloyd

Old February 4th, 2016, 10:33 AM
I love HL to bits, and use it when I can.
I'm chuffed that there's a 5e option now, but I know how limited this is at this time.
To that end, I'm happy with waiting another month or two (three at the outside) to see if a license agreement has been made before LW can take my money. I'm not in a hurry, as I'm not playing a 5e campaign at the moment, and if/when I do, I have another resource I can use for character management right now.
But, once HL has the license, I'll be whipping out the card faster than you can say Eric Robinson.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."
=== Douglas Adams
pfloyd is offline   #20
Closed Thread