Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hartygan

Old February 9th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Confession:- My First Realm is not actually "My Realm" at all, but a simple copy & paste of an existing module.
Having said that, I must say I am really impressed with what Realmworks can do and I know what I have done is not what Realmworks is all about.
However this works for me and I have waited so long for someone to come up this sort of program.

No more when I play now, do I need the module in front of me plus the Core Rules, APG, Bestiaries, etc, etc.
Just open up the laptop and everything is right there all interlinked and easily accessible. Perfect!
And something I really like is that if you copy and paste SRD content into you Realm, then any active links in the SRD content remain active and will take you to the relevant webpage. This means that if a character in the module has spells to cast, I can either copy & paste, or even hyperlink, to the SRD for that spell. No more fumbling through books to check what the specifics for that spell is. Same goes for monsters too. Just click a link and you have the stat block right there in front of you.

So I have the main map with its pins for each room. Click on a pin and there is the room description for the players and the GM info as well. If there is a monster mentioned, then click and we now have the stat block in front of me. With the monster dead, we search for treasure. Click and there is the treasure listing. I put the treasure in a separate spot so later if I want to know what is found and what is not, I just check to see which ones I have revealed.
Now just hit the back arrow a couple of times and we are back at the map ready for the next room.
Team this up with Maptool, Mapnakotic and an iPad and your players have the map on the table in front of them, able to move there own characters while the GM handles the monsters.

All in all, I love what Realmworks can do, and it will only get better!
Hartygan is offline   #1
woobyluv

Old February 10th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I look forward to using it whenever it comes out. Sure wish we didn't have to wait and wait and wait
woobyluv is offline   #2
Hartygan

Old February 12th, 2014, 04:42 AM
It may not help, but ....

Hartygan is offline   #3
Jaynay27

Old February 13th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartygan View Post
Confession:-No more when I play now, do I need the module in front of me plus the Core Rules, APG, Bestiaries, etc, etc.
Just open up the laptop and everything is right there all interlinked and easily accessible. Perfect!
And something I really like is that if you copy and paste SRD content into you Realm, then any active links in the SRD content remain active and will take you to the relevant webpage. This means that if a character in the module has spells to cast, I can either copy & paste, or even hyperlink, to the SRD for that spell. No more fumbling through books to check what the specifics for that spell is. Same goes for monsters too. Just click a link and you have the stat block right there in front of you.
This thread may also interest you...Rob hints at the PFSRD being available as a product post release.
Jaynay27 is offline   #4