Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Spyderbane

Old April 6th, 2024, 12:25 PM
I feel like I know this but I am missing it. How do I add a feat only if they have x amount of ranks for a class special

I.e., the Custom Ability needs 5 ranks of perform: Weapon Drill and they get two-Weapon fighting.
Spyderbane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 6th, 2024, 03:07 PM
The #skillranks macro checks if you have ranks in a particular skill. Use it with If/then to assign the feat.
eg: #skillranks(skXXXXX) >= 5

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old April 8th, 2024, 12:11 PM
That's the issue. I am not sure how to add a feat within the eval script
Spyderbane is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 8th, 2024, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbane View Post
That's the issue. I am not sure how to add a feat within the eval script
Are you trying to bootstrap a feat to a custom ability if a character has the appropriate number of skillranks? If so, I think what you will have to do is bootstrap the feat with appropriate Disable tags (Helper.FtDisable is one I can think of) that you can remove if #skillranks proves true. Normally I would suggest using a bootstrap condition, but I think the number of skillranks can't be determined until later so this way the feat is there, but hidden until you unhide it because the character has hit the required skillranks.

Last edited by Sendric; April 8th, 2024 at 01:00 PM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Spyderbane

Old April 8th, 2024, 01:16 PM
Yes, I am trying to add a bootstrap a feat to a custom ability if a character has the appropriate number of skillranks. In the boot strap condition I have used 'hero#Helper.SpcDisable <>0' with Frist 500. It works to not add the feat but as you stated the it seems the number of skill ranks cannot be proven at this time.

if I change it to any other phase after first I get
Code:
condition phase/priority (anything that I have choosen that is not first) for bootstrap 'fWepFoc' occurs after earliest rule.script (First/10999)
Spyderbane is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 8th, 2024, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbane View Post
Yes, I am trying to add a bootstrap a feat to a custom ability if a character has the appropriate number of skillranks. In the boot strap condition I have used 'hero#Helper.SpcDisable <>0' with Frist 500. It works to not add the feat but as you stated the it seems the number of skill ranks cannot be proven at this time.

if I change it to any other phase after first I get
Code:
condition phase/priority (anything that I have choosen that is not first) for bootstrap 'fWepFoc' occurs after earliest rule.script (First/10999)
Yes. This is why I'm suggesting you don't use a condition on the bootstrap. Apply the disable tag on the bootstrapped thing, then use an eval script to remove the tag once the skillranks pre-req has been met.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote