Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

bnrweimann

Old January 18th, 2011, 05:02 PM
You're probably correct. I'm a little later in my life and more established. Tends to allow me a bit more discretionary spending. Sometimes you forget what it was like to be 19-20 and broke.
bnrweimann is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
agnosticgod

Old January 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I was just on the main site and noticed that the FAQ for Army Builder states you are NOT and do not have plans to create a Mac port of the program. Considering this thread you might want to update that on the FAQ to reflect the change.

If I was someone just surfing around and hit your site and saw what is there now, I would stop reading and leave. On the other hand, as a Mac user if I knew you were actively developing something I would be more inclined to stick around and learn more about your product.

I personally use both Mac and Windows (Mac primarily) so already have a license for my Windows machine, but others who are Mac only will probably overlook your product pretty quickly after reading your FAQ.

just a thought.

Thank you for a great product,

AgnosticGod
agnosticgod is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2011, 12:17 PM
The FAQ does need to be updated - thanks for the reminder about this.
Colen is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
transwarp

Old January 25th, 2011, 04:28 AM
There is already an android armylist builder in the android market.

I am currently using it, and it works fine. But armybuilder has more options (if you ever need them that is).
I use the android version all the time now, and for very strict tournaments I tend to use the lonewolf version, since you have slightly more verbose printing options of your roster.
transwarp is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
z0anthr0pe

Old January 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
I've used AB since it came out. I only have an iphone and have no plans to get an ipad. Would the proposed app be too small to use on iphone? I could see my using it at tournaments etc on iphone, but not carting around a clunky ipad.
z0anthr0pe is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
Rixnor

Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0anthr0pe View Post
I could see my using it at tournaments etc on iphone, but not carting around a clunky ipad.
Good news, this thread isn't for you

This thread seems to have gone an interesting direction, so I wanted to insert some thoughts from an iPad owner. The first day I got my iPad I wanted to throw my netbook out the window. Every day since then I have had to restrain myself from throwing said netbook out of said window. There are only two things that keep me from enacting my revenge, Quicken and ArmyBuilder. Honestly, the first real 40k army creation app that comes out I will buy. If it's not army builder, I will most likely transition. That's not meant to be a threat to Lone Wolf Dev, it's just I am done with lugging around my netbook just to tweak an army list.

As a long time PC user and non-mac fanboy I really fell in love with the form, function, and design of the iPad. The moment I played with it I saw the potential for a touch screen interface army building. It already has supplanted my paper lists with the dynamic HTML output, now I just want to be able to create on it too.

So if you want to have your lists on your iPhone/Droid for your friends to look at, learn to use the web output. If you want to get your army builder on a non-existent android 3.0 honeycomb machine, start a new thread. I am just tired of seeing posts about how user XXXX would never buy an iPad, implying that Lone Wolf should scrap development of an App.

Anyway, thanks to Lone Wolf Dev for keeping up the good work on this, I like that they are committed enough to put it in their 2011 newsletter. Now just hurry up so I can give you more money .

Rix
Rixnor is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old February 11th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixnor View Post
So if you want to have your lists on your iPhone/Droid for your friends to look at, learn to use the web output. If you want to get your army builder on a non-existent android 3.0 honeycomb machine, start a new thread. I am just tired of seeing posts about how user XXXX would never buy an iPad, implying that Lone Wolf should scrap development of an App.
Rix,

I don't think anyone here is saying DONT MAKE AN IPAD App. I think people have been more asking if said iPad app will be also functional on an iPhone or even iPod touch as well. Given the iOS functionality and the fact that many apps are already functional on both, i think this is a legitimate question.

Given future use of this tool, I can't say if a iPad ONLY version would get me to buy an iPad, likely not going to happen, however if the functionally did exist to also use the app on iPod Touch or iPhone I definitely would be buying that version as it really does make me free to choose my format then.

The iPad is a great device, but to be fair, it is NOT a replacement for a laptop computer. It is a solid middle of the road choice though between a computer and a eReader, and I think Apple has shown its benefits which is why Android is so hot to get Honeycomb units out to the public.

This isn't to diminish your post, but simply clarify(in my understanding) what the other posts have been asking. Again, no one has said don't make the app, but I think everyone here is simply asking will it also work with (insert other iOS device here). This right there says continue to develop the application!

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

Last edited by jlong05; February 11th, 2011 at 08:36 AM.
jlong05 is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
awwwdudeman

Old February 27th, 2011, 01:52 AM
can't wait till this is sorted i bet the mac port is going to be sweet .
awwwdudeman is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
JustJeff

Old February 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I think that the ipad and an iphone app would be a great business move. As a person who has purchased numerous copies of our product, I am currently using Army Builder 2.0. Now i you think I am one of those who doesn't support you, I truly do having bought 3 or 4 licenses over the last 10 years).
But I know most of my gaming group (20 plus people) would also buy up these apps if they were available.
You need to recoup your costs for development as quickly as possible, so I think the ipad/iphone is the way to go.
Surely there are unemployed developers out there who can be found to do these if you don't have the resources.
I think this forum shows there is a lot of support for going this way.
JustJeff is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
JustJeff

Old February 28th, 2011, 10:33 AM
As a Mac guy, I have had to purchase Parallels Desktop, Windows XP, just to be able to run your product. That is what I use it for 90% plus amount of the time. Can you imagine how many mac users out there, that have not gone this far? tap the market
JustJeff is offline   #80 Reply With Quote