Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

morval

Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
I simply love HeroLab more every day!

A question on Monster Ability score. Are most non-class monsters in the Bestiary built on 11/11/11/10/10/10 array? When I add any monster in Hero lab and choose the 11/11/11/10/10/10 array the ability scores come up as per the Bestiary, but they all say they are based on 10/10/10/10/10/10. So there are still three points to place.

Maybe its just a bug in HL?

Thanks,

Konrad
morval is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
morval

Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
I simply love HeroLab more every day!

A question on Monster Ability score. Are most non-class monsters in the Bestiary built on 11/11/11/10/10/10 array? When I add any monster in Hero lab and choose the 11/11/11/10/10/10 array the ability scores come up as per the Bestiary, but they all say they are based on 10/10/10/10/10/10. So there are still three points to place.

Maybe its just a bug in HL?

Thanks,

Konrad
I guess you are just supposed to pick "Pick/Roll ability scores" and don't worry about it. That works.

But if you add a monster that will have lets say PC class levels then the monster is supposed to be based on the 15/14/12/11/10/8 array. If you choose this the monsters ability scores are correct, but again they are starting off from 10/10/10/10/10/10 so you are getting three too many points.

I know its a bit picky.

Konrad
morval is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
morval

Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morval View Post
I guess you are just supposed to pick "Pick/Roll ability scores" and don't worry about it. That works.

But if you add a monster that will have lets say PC class levels then the monster is supposed to be based on the 15/14/12/11/10/8 array. If you choose this the monsters ability scores are correct, but again they are starting off from 10/10/10/10/10/10 so you are getting three too many points.

I know its a bit picky.

Konrad
I just tried an Orc/Warrior which has no racial hit dice. I chose the 13/12/11/10/9/8 array and every thing worked out to exactly what the Bestiary has.

So, its picky, but to be correct I think the regular no-class () monsters need to show as being based on the 11/11/11/10/10/10 array?

Konrad
morval is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Click the "Customize" button next to the race on the background tab - that will round all odd-numbered bonuses that the race is giving down to the next even number, so that you can then apply a clean array.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
morval

Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Click the "Customize" button next to the race on the background tab - that will round all odd-numbered bonuses that the race is giving down to the next even number, so that you can then apply a clean array.
Yup, but then you have to customize the whole monster. Feats, skills, etc.

I'm not complaining, just saying....

On a stock monster it would be nice for the weapons and armour to already be added as well so you don't have to do it. But HL is easy to work with so no problem really.

Konrad
morval is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:19 AM
The weapons and armor should already be there if you import a stock monter. Which ones are you having a problem with?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
morval

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The weapons and armor should already be there if you import a stock monter. Which ones are you having a problem with?
I didn't know about Hero Import, I was just creating a new hero and then picking a monster race.

Import works great!

Thanks!
morval is offline   #7 Reply With Quote