Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

ruhar

Old June 6th, 2016, 11:59 PM
We currently have the ability to change the case of text to Upper Case, Lower Case and tOGGLE cASE. I would like to also be able to change to Sentence Case and Capitalize Each Word. Anyone else?
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Yep, I've bumped into this, too. +1, although it's a pretty low priority for me.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:13 AM
For What It's Worth, This Style Is Called Title Case.

Last edited by Parody; June 7th, 2016 at 04:15 AM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:40 AM
+1 to this.
Grey Mage is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 8th, 2016, 01:14 PM
low prio

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 25th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
low prio
Just because it will probably be a low priority doesn't mean it can't be put on the To Do list. Maybe it's an easy change that someone can do while waiting for a job to be finished by someone else. If it's not an easy change then maybe it will get on the One of These Days To Do list. You never know.
ruhar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old June 26th, 2016, 05:42 AM
It might be "low prio" to Acenoid, but I would like to see it added. Since most of the Font handling provided by Microsoft, it "might" not be a difficult change. (as a programmer with 30 yrs experience, I really hate it when users say "This is sooo easy a change to do. :-) )
GThiel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old June 26th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I think Rob and the LWD crew look at every suggestion on the 'Feature Request' threads and consider them.

'Low Prio' doesn't mean it can't be done sooner rather then later though. If I remember correctly; Rob indicated that some of the easier tasks, although low priority, may be worked on when staff have some free time. Of course everything is a matter of priority. Which easy but low priority request should be worked on first, when someone has the time to work on something easy?

The real question may be, is it really an easy task considering the tools LWD is using to create Realm Works?
Viking2054 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2016, 10:29 AM
I quickly investigated this, and it appears that the control vendor we use doesn't support Sentence case or Capitalize Each Word out of the box. We could try to implement this on our own, although that would be trickier than if the controls just supported it natively. We've got some funky stuff going on under the hood to keep track of embedded link spans, as well as spans that have been ignored. So that might complicate the implementation. It's also possible that the control vendor will add support for this in a future update. If so, we'll revisit whether it will work for our implementation.

Given that it's not a simple switch to turn on, its unlikely that we'll be tackling this one soon. Sorry guys!
Joe is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 27th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Looking at the DevExpress bug reports, there's at least one request for Title Case from 10 years ago. So don't hold your breath. :/

Parody is offline   #10 Reply With Quote