Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lucklesshero

Old August 17th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Downloaded the latest update from Lawful and I have been unable to access magic items from several sources most notably from "complete adventurer." I have access to the feats class ect. from this source but several characters also posses magic items from this source that are not showing up.

Here is the error I get when I open Herolab:

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'pFRCS'

Any comments or ideas would be appreciated thx..
lucklesshero is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Were there any error messages you saw before seeing this message?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucklesshero View Post
Downloaded the latest update from Lawful and I have been unable to access magic items from several sources most notably from "complete adventurer." I have access to the feats class ect. from this source but several characters also posses magic items from this source that are not showing up.

Here is the error I get when I open Herolab:

Any comments or ideas would be appreciated thx..
That source was deprecated. You can go to Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources and then save your portfolio. That should remove the error message. Let me know if you see any other issues.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lucklesshero

Old August 20th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the help Sendric that did the trick on the error messages. Any idea why I cannot find magic items like the badge of courage or the scarf of warmth from the Complete adventurer? As I mentioned the feats are in the system I just can't find certain magic items.

What obvious thing am I missing?
lucklesshero is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 20th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucklesshero View Post
Thanks for the help Sendric that did the trick on the error messages. Any idea why I cannot find magic items like the badge of courage or the scarf of warmth from the Complete adventurer? As I mentioned the feats are in the system I just can't find certain magic items.

What obvious thing am I missing?
Taking a quick look at the files, it would appear those items haven't been added. One of the things on my to-do list is to go through the various magic items from the various sources and make sure they are there. This task is made more difficult by the Magic Item Compendium re-doing some of the items, so it'll take some time.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I hope we can have them duplicated. (I prefer the non magic item compendium myself) Magic Item compendium was written by people who didnt like the normal d20 magic items. they made items that didnt follow the normal "price guidelines". I tend to use items from the other sources. I know DMs that like MagicItemCompendium, and others that dont.
mirtos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 21st, 2014, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
I hope we can have them duplicated. (I prefer the non magic item compendium myself) Magic Item compendium was written by people who didnt like the normal d20 magic items. they made items that didnt follow the normal "price guidelines". I tend to use items from the other sources. I know DMs that like MagicItemCompendium, and others that dont.
Hmmm...actually, what we can do is create the magic items from each source, and hide ones that are duplicated in the MIC if MIC is sourced. That's easy enough to do.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
basically what i meant.
mirtos is offline   #8 Reply With Quote