Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

threewolves

Old July 13th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Hi folks, kind of at wits end here. When i was running Herolab back in January, this all worked fine. Started using it again, cause we started playing again, so downloaded all the updates, but now notice, that I don't see lawful G data sets in my choices, when I first do set up for D20. Have a screenshot below.

Almost thinking about just totally erasing everything and doing fresh installs of everything.

Any advise is welcomed. Thanks

Screenshots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hloptions.JPG (78.6 KB, 11 views)
threewolves is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Did you get any error messages before you got to this point?

If so, I recommend right-clicking those messages and copying the text here.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 14th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
Hi folks, kind of at wits end here. When i was running Herolab back in January, this all worked fine. Started using it again, cause we started playing again, so downloaded all the updates, but now notice, that I don't see lawful G data sets in my choices, when I first do set up for D20. Have a screenshot below.

Almost thinking about just totally erasing everything and doing fresh installs of everything.

Any advise is welcomed. Thanks

Screenshots attached.
When something doesn't compile within the user-created data files, then nothing compiles. This causes none of the user-created data to appear in the configure window like you show here. The only two possibilities here are that either you received an error during compilation before you got this point (which is what Mathias is asking about) or you have no user-created data. The former seems more likely.

If the previous version of the community set compiled ok, and this occurred after updating to the new one, then you probably have a clash with something from the new set and something you either created yourself or pulled from someone else. If you have your own files, you should be able to pull those out and compile. Either way, try re-opening HL and when you get an error, you can right-click on the error window and "copy to clipboard". You can then paste that message here so we can see what the error is. Once we see the error, we can help figure out what the problem is and how to resolve it.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
threewolves

Old July 16th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Actually yes, I get the following error, so guessing thats whats causing the issue. Will track it down. Thanks folks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg errorHL.JPG (118.4 KB, 15 views)
threewolves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM
Hrm, without looking at your "Beast Shape I.user" file I couldn't exactly pinpoint the problem. It doesn't look like it is a conflict it looks like an undefined variable. I don't exactly know what your trying to do with that file but from the description I'd say its a form of adjustment for polymorphs like.. um.. Beast Shape..

A useful thing actually, I would love to help more but without seeing the file that might be hard. If you still cant get it to work upload it or send it to me at TobyFox2002 [at] yahoo [dot] com. And I'll try and take a look.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 21st, 2014, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threewolves View Post
Actually yes, I get the following error, so guessing thats whats causing the issue. Will track it down. Thanks folks.
You have tried to install a Pathfinder addon from the community (specifically my Adjustment addon) into d20. This will NOT WORK!!!!!!!

The scripting system that d20 uses is NOT the same as Pathfinder. You can NOT move stuff over from one system to another.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote