Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Sir_Taurinus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 12

Old December 31st, 2021, 10:39 AM
Hi guys,

I have started using the editor to add new features to my Dark Sun campaign and I have followed the tutorials, but I am stuck in one point. Most standar weapons in Dark Sun (p.e. Long Sword) are non metal and therefore they have a -1 penalty on attack rolls and damage rolls. The penalty on attack rolls is not a problem, but I am unable of fixing the -1 on damage rolls.

Any suggestions for a text script to include in the eval script? I guess it must be pretty simple, but I am not that skilled in hero lab editor yet...

Thanks in advance...
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 964

Old December 31st, 2021, 01:40 PM
Take a look at weapon materials - both Bone and Gold have a -2 damage penalty. You should be able to copy what has been done.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sir_Taurinus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 12

Old January 1st, 2022, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Take a look at weapon materials - both Bone and Gold have a -2 damage penalty. You should be able to copy what has been done.
Thanks a lot. I will have a look at that!!!
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sir_Taurinus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 12

Old January 1st, 2022, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Taurinus View Post
Thanks a lot. I will have a look at that!!!
Sorry once more, but I am unable to change the material within the weapon, so I cannot apply the bone thing as material and benefit from the damage penalty.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 964

Old January 1st, 2022, 03:00 PM
I was suggesting that you copy what they did for the damage penalty. An alternative is to use (or copy) the "Damage Penalty" adjustment.

How are you applying an attack penalty to your Dark Sun equipment?

Are you creating copies of the items in the Editor, have you created you own non-metal material that you apply, or are you using an adjustment? In either of those cases you can add a damage penalty the same way.

An new adjustment or material is likely the easiest, because you can put both the attack and damage penalties together and add it to any weapon that you need the effect on.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sir_Taurinus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 12

Old January 3rd, 2022, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I was suggesting that you copy what they did for the damage penalty. An alternative is to use (or copy) the "Damage Penalty" adjustment.

How are you applying an attack penalty to your Dark Sun equipment?

Are you creating copies of the items in the Editor, have you created you own non-metal material that you apply, or are you using an adjustment? In either of those cases you can add a damage penalty the same way.

An new adjustment or material is likely the easiest, because you can put both the attack and damage penalties together and add it to any weapon that you need the effect on.
Hi. Thanks for your help. Everything is solved now. I create a copy of the weapon with the -1 attack bonus and customized it later with the new material for the -1 damage. It is working ok now. Thanks again
Sir_Taurinus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.